Subject: Custom Hero: Mister Redd! (SCP) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentinel Card Plays is a project dedicated to adapting characters and scenarios from the SCP Foundation into decks for Sentinels of the Multiverse. You can find more decks here.

Those of you who keep an eye on my stuff (I can't imagine there are many) might remember a card from my Dr. Wondertainment villain deck named Mister Redd. Well, he was always problematic, so I took him out and turned him into a hero, to be a nemesis for Wondertainment!

This deck has a lot of firsts for me. It's the first deck I've posted here after extensive playtesting; not finished by any means, but ready for general feedback with a large amount of confidence in what I've put forth. Second, it's not very, shall we say, heroic. Mister Redd is a character who thrives on collateral damage, using his Guilt ongoing to atone for the pains he's caused his teammates. He doesn't have a "base" version, coming instead with three variants to represent the idea that no one really knows who he is (and also that there are numerous versions of him in canon, and "there is no canon" is a cornerstone of the Foundation).

(Also, this made him really hard to playtest.)

He's also, if we're being honest -- and here I will emphasize that I did not design this character -- kind of edgy, with a very different tone and aesthetic versus other SOtM heroes. Lastly, I tried my darnedest to make him play as simply as possible. One play, one power, one draw, with very little extra card draw besides. Hopefully, folks will like him.

Thanks to VGBM and likkyzero for their feedback!

Art by perelka-l.

Few who know of Mister Redd can settle on describing just who or what he is. He is a monster and a martyr; a murderer and a victim; a psychopath and a lost child. The few things which can be agreed on?

He was made as part of Dr. Wondertainment's Little Misters toy line.

That was a big mistake.

And he is no hero.

Out for revenge against the man who made him, Mister Redd is willing to tolerate the assistance of the heroes, so long as they stay out of his way. Blood will run tonight, and it will run redd! oh god that was really bad

Hero: Mister Redd

Nemesis:
Dr. Wondertainment

Variant: Mister Redd: Discontinued

HP:

This is the Mister Redd from Tales of Mr. Collector, a very excellent series that serves as a great introduction to the world of Dr. Wondertainment and Little Misters. This Redd is, well, a really scary guy.

Power: Inspire Fear
Once before the start of your turn, when a non-hero, non-character target would enter play, you may flip it face-down. If you do, flip another face-down non-hero card face up, treating it as if it were just put into play.

Full credit goes to likkyzero for this power. It might be a little strong -- the first one is free, you can destroy face-down environment cards with regular environment destruction -- but I absolutely adore it. It leads to a lot of interesting "is this target worse than the one already in play?" decisions, not to mention having to keep track of what's been flipped.

Incap Powers:
- One player may use a power now.
- Select a non-character target. That target may not deal damage until the start of your turn.
- Increase the next damage dealt by a hero target by 2.

Variant: Mister Redd: Crimson Disciple

HP:

This is the Redd from the tale SCP-REDD by TwistedGears. Though a standalone story, it presents enough of an idea of Mister Redd for me to pull from. In it, Redd decides to follow in the footsteps of the Crimson King, the Foundation-verse's Ender of All Things number one elder god. He's stabby.

Power: An Unpleasant Surprise
The next time Mister Redd deals a target damage, he deals a second target 1 infernal damage.

This started life as "deals a second target that damage minus 1", but far too often I found myself consistently dealing 1 damage on the next turn and having nothing to do. This version is much cleaner and simpler to use. Note that it stacks, if you desire, giving you extra targets after the first per power use.

Incap Powers:
- One player may play a card now.
- The next time a hero uses a power, they deal one target 1 infernal damage.

Variant: Cool War Mister Redd

HP:

Randomini's Cool War series is one of the Foundation's greatest epics. It focuses mostly on Group of Interest "Are We Cool Yet?", but Mister Redd factors in prominently. In this one, he's just a psychopathic killer who held a couple of kids hostage for a number of their formative years. There's no 'real' Mister Redd, but I consider this variant to be the most standard version of him, and it was the one I did the bulk of playtesting with.

Power: Let's Meet Our Makers!
Mister Redd deals himself 1 melee damage and a second target X infernal damage, where X = 1 plus the amount of damage taken this way.

The wonky name comes direct from one of the Cool War stories, where Redd's trying to get into the Wondertainment headquarters and shouting "Let me meet my maker!" It's basically a one-card version of Absolute Zero's base power, whose effect can be amplified with a number of Redd's self-buff cards.

Incap Powers:
- One player may draw a card now.
- One target deals itself 1 infernal damage.

(3) Knives from Nowhere (Equipment): Power: Mister Redd deals one target X melee damage or up to X targets 1 projectile damage each, where X = 1 plus the number of your equipment cards in play.

This is the only Equipment card Redd has, so the phrasing is generalized to save space. I find it's rather unlikely you'll get more than two of these in play, but even one copy is reliable, non-self-dealing damage, regardless of which version you play.

(2) wowwee go kill ursefl (One-Shot): Mister Redd deals himself and a non-character target X irreducible infernal damage, where X = that target's current HP.

This card is named after an entry in the Cool War, and honestly I just wanted to have a card with this name. This is great for things like taking out Relics, destroying Citizen Truth, or nuking Electro-Pulse Explosives from orbit. Note the wording is ordered particularly, so you can't just kill the villain outright. But hey, if they've got fewer HP than you do...

(4) Kill 'Em All (One-Shot): Mister Redd deals each target 1 melee damage. Mister Redd may deal any target dealt damage this way 1 infernal damage.

Collateral. Damage. This is basically the exact same card as KNYFE's Incidental Contact, it just changes type halfway through. Given how useful it is for him to hit every target, I figured leading with the type non-hero targets are more likely to be immune to was a good idea.

(3) Broken Universe, Broken Power (One-Shot): Destroy one hero ongoing or equipment card and up to 2 ongoing or environment cards. Mister Redd deals any number of targets X infernal damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed this way.

This is Fueled Freeze with a twist. First, one of your friends (or you) is going to lose something in the chaos. Second, "any number of targets" means you can hit hero targets as well. And I guess it's a better play against the Dreamer?

(3) "I'm Past My Warranty" (One-Shot): Mister Redd deals one target 3 infernal damage. If a hero target took damage this way, destroy a non-character target with 5 or fewer HP.

This is the first of a series of one-shots that take advantage of collateral damage to do stuff. I'm not sure about the base damage, and I'm thinking they should all be increased by 1, but if you're dealing 4 damage with a one-shot, there's a good chance you'll be dealing 5 with it anyway...

(3) "He Knows More Than He Should" (One-Shot): Draw a card. Mister Redd deals one target 1 infernal damage. A player whose hero is dealt damage this way may draw up to X cards, where X = the amount of damage taken.

Pictured: helping! Mister Redd has team support! It just comes with a horrible price. He'll often want to use this on himself.

(3) Anger Issues (One-Shot): Mister Redd deals one target 2 infernal damage. A hero dealt damage this way may either play a card or use a power now.

And lastly, Mister Redd's impression of the Argent Adept. It's not too great.

(3) Head to Head (Ongoing, Limited): The first time Mister Redd is dealt damage by a target other than himself each turn, he deals that target X infernal damage, where X = the amount of damage he took.

It's basically Combat Stance, except I have attempted to word it so that it only goes off the first time you're dealt damage each turn. This means you can sometimes do things like take out an Electro-Pulse Explosive, other times you'll be hitting back for a measly 1 that gets blocked.

(3) Score to Settle (Ongoing, Limited): Increase damage dealt by Mister Redd to the villain target with the highest HP by 1.

Another card cribbed from KNYFE's deck, this is literally just Kinetic Neutralizer.

(2) Redd Sparks (Ongoing, Limited): The first time Mister Redd is dealt damage each turn, he regains 1 HP.

His only defensive card. Any more than 1, I found, and it's too strong.

(4) First Edition (Ongoing, Limited): Increase damage dealt by Mister Redd by 1. When a villain target enters play, Mister Redd may deal it 2 infernal damage. If damage is dealt this way, destroy this card.

I like this card: +1 on everything, or reactive damage that could take out, say, the Tome of the Unknowable! 2 (increased to 3) seems like the right amount for the reactive damage.

(4) Guilt (Ongoing, Limited): Whenever Mister Redd deals damage to a hero target other than himself, place a token on this card. At the end of your turn, Mister Redd deals himself psychic damage equal to the number of tokens on this card. Power: Remove all tokens from this card. Mister Redd deals one villain target melee damage equal to the number of tokens removed.

Here we go: this is the card around which everything else turns. You won't always want to play it (he'll always hit himself if First Edition is in play), but you can turn Kill 'Em All into consistent H-1 damage or save up between rounds using Anger Issues or He Knows More Than He Should, not to mention even if you have no tokens, you can still hit the villain for 2 a punch, with the right buffs.

(3) "I Am Not a Toy!" (Ongoing, Limited): Non-hero effects cannot prevent Mister Redd from dealing damage, using powers, or playing cards. At the start of your turn, if another hero is under one of these effects due to a non-character card in play, you may destroy this card to destroy the card causing the effect.

Possibly my favorite card in the deck, and his best team support. It won't help against things like Walk the Plank; it's designed more for taking out Ethereal Bonds and Ensnaring Brambles. It won't do anything against the Swarm of Scarabs, either, so watch out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
(3) Knives from Nowhere (Equipment): Power: Mister Redd deals one target X melee damage or up to X targets 1 projectile damage each, where X = 1 plus the number of your equipment cards in play.

(3) "I Am Not a Toy!" (Ongoing, Limited): Non-hero effects cannot prevent Mister Redd from dealing damage, using powers, or playing cards. At the start of your turn, if another hero is under one of these effects due to a non-character card in play, you may destroy this card to destroy the card causing the effect.

Some very very general opinions after only briefly skimming:
- A lot of people seem to give their heroes rough equivalents to this: a single-target moderate-damage power and a multi-target low-damage power. A lot of people also seem to lump them together. Personally I feel like most heroes should NOT have access to these extremely useful, extremely generic powers (especially in the same card). They are the epitome of vanilla. Your version is more interesting than most; this is just a sort of general rant.
- I'm not a fan of "can't play/power/draw" effects. But I'm even less a fan of "can't can't" effects". Two reasons: 1) "can'ts" are fairly limited, so countering them is a very niche utility, and 2) they're supposed to make you figure out a way around them; the AI in this game is already simplistic, so just ignoring its puzzles defeats the point.

Comments intended constructively and not soley directed at/inspired by this particular deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
Power: Inspire Fear
Once before the start of your turn, when a non-hero, non-character target would enter play, you may flip it face-down. If you do, flip another face-down non-hero card face up, treating it as if it were just put into play.

This is 221 characters a little too long for a standard power text box.

Quote:
(3) "I'm Past My Warranty" (One-Shot): Mister Redd deals one target 3 infernal damage. If a hero target took damage this way, destroy a non-character target with 5 or fewer HP.

I'm not sure this card is worth it particularily if there's damage buffs out to do even more damage to the hero.

Quote:
(4) First Edition (Ongoing, Limited): Increase damage dealt by Mister Redd by 1. When a villain target enters play, Mister Redd may deal it 2 infernal damage. If damage is dealt this way, destroy this card.

I do like this card, very shiny with a nice way to kill the card when you need to.

Quote:
(4) Guilt (Ongoing, Limited): Whenever Mister Redd deals damage to a hero target other than himself, place a token on this card. At the end of your turn, Mister Redd deals himself psychic damage equal to the number of tokens on this card. Power: Remove all tokens from this card. Mister Redd deals one villain target melee damage equal to the number of tokens removed.

Oh my! I like this mainly because of the downside.

Quote:

Thinking about this card I'm not sure it's a good idea, while amazing against things like The Dreamer's Whipacorn (how we hate the Whipacorn). it will kill the card causeing the effect but it may not actually kill the effect, as most of the them are "until the start of next villain/envirnoment turn"Also you have a card above that does 3 damage to a hero to kill the 5hp target where as this card can kill anything (and a whipacorn (yes all the hate for the whiopacorn) has 7hp) for effectivly free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i really like the base power, but i guess it should be "start of your next turn"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Am Not a Toy definitely won't dispel ongoing effects, it just makes sure they don't come back. (Until another copy comes out, anyway...)

Since it's taking heat, I'm considering variations for that card. Something like, "At the start of your turn, if any player cannot play cards or use powers, or if Mister Redd cannot deal damage, you may destroy a villain ongoing card. You may deal a target 4 infernal damage. If a card is destroyed or damage is dealt, destroy this this card." Makes it basically Primed Punch with an extra effect instead of a power. Wording would have to be looked at.

Or, if nothing else, there's plenty of room in this deck for taking cards out and adding new ones.

wallwaster wrote:
i really like the base power, but i guess it should be "start of your next turn"

I've never really understood the necessity of "next" in this phrase. The only way it could possibly matter, as far as I can tell, is if you're fighting Wager Master and he's breaking the rules. And then you should be avoiding start of turn effects anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
...And then you should be avoiding start of turn effects Wager Master anyway.
Also I agree. Someone recently brought a single case to my attention where it did matter, but it was not a "last 1 round" type effect (it was the 1929 promo Tango One, if you were curious).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine it's an outside case, then, because I'm not seeing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:

I've never really understood the necessity of "next" in this phrase. The only way it could possibly matter, as far as I can tell, is if you're fighting Wager Master and he's breaking the rules. And then you should be avoiding start of turn effects anyway.

I might have missed some faq or something but it seems to me that if you don't specificy which of my turn's start you are talking about then this trigger will just linger around forever, and can pile up if I use the power multiple times. Or is that intended? What rule am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb

The start of your turn is open to interpretation as to which turn, since it doesn't specify which one it's up to the players to decide.

The start of your next turn is a definite time period spcified by the game that is not open to interpritation.

Basically it's to stop an exploit that most players wouldn't use but there's always that one guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose rules lawyers will do as they do, but it seems to me that once you've entered the start phase for your next turn, all start of turn effects become relevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
"Until the start of your turn" is clear to me. You'll have more than one, but the effect will expire as soon as any of them occur.

But precedent is to use "next".

With Tango's promo, there was no "until", so I specifically added a "next" when someone pointed that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
TakeWalker wrote:

Here we go: this is the card around which everything else turns. You won't always want to play it (he'll always hit himself if First Edition is in play), but you can turn Kill 'Em All into consistent H-1 damage or save up between rounds using Anger Issues or He Knows More Than He Should, not to mention even if you have no tokens, you can still hit the villain for 2 a punch, with the right buffs.

Boy, I wish I'd read this first! I went through most of the deck thinking all these cards kind of sucked, punching my friends in the face for negligible profits, but this is the payoff - whenever I deal damage to my buddies I can kinda sorta deal the baddies that much damage too. It seems like the psychic damage might be a BIT too harsh, even leaving 2-3 tokens on this for a turn is a major drawback, perhaps if it were one damage per two(three?) tokens on this? I get you don't want him charging up the entire game for one fourty damage shot at the end, but that amount of damage seems like it'd make you feel stupid when you only get 2 tokens on it in a turn and have to use the power in a fairly unexciting way.

It's a cool card for the deck to revolve around and I like the flavour, but I'm a little worried it's TOO central to the deck? Without Guilt out it seems like a lot of his cards are not good, and he doesn't have any particularly good card draw making him likely to get it. I can see often having games where Guilt never comes up and I'm just playing one-shots that are poor without it. Compare to say Absolute Zero who also needs a few specific cards to work, but he has 8 x of these cards, AND 4 x cards that search for them AND card draw (pretty sucky card draw I admit, but card draw nevertheless)

TakeWalker wrote:
Variant: Mister Redd: Crimson Disciple

HP:

Power: An Unpleasant Surprise
The next time Mister Redd deals a target damage, he deals a second target 1 infernal damage.

Not sure I care for this one - I get the flavour but the gameplay is kind of clunky - it's pretty much deal a target 1 damage (already pretty bad), but with the added hoop of you can't hit a target you're already dealing damage AND it is only going to happen next turn, giving you memory issues as you have to keep track of this pretty unremarkable effect for a whole round till it's your turn again. "Mister Redd deals 1 target 1 infernal damage at some point in the future, probably" seems to be what this would read as, and I can see myself in practice just dealing the damage at the time to save myself busywork.

TakeWalker wrote:
(3) Knives from Nowhere (Equipment): Power: Mister Redd deals one target X melee damage or up to X targets 1 projectile damage each, where X = 1 plus the number of your equipment cards in play.[/i]

I like it. Clean damage dealer in an otherwise pretty complicated deck, and I like how it stacks with itself.

TakeWalker wrote:
(2) wowwee go kill ursefl (One-Shot): Mister Redd deals himself and a non-character target X irreducible infernal damage, where X = that target's current HP.

This card is named after an entry in the Cool War, and honestly I just wanted to have a card with this name. This is great for things like taking out Relics, destroying Citizen Truth, or nuking Electro-Pulse Explosives from orbit. Note the wording is ordered particularly, so you can't just kill the villain outright. But hey, if they've got fewer HP than you do...

Awesome! Seems like it'd be swingy, but in a fun way. Not sure what you mean by the wording letting you kill the villain if they're on lower HP than you - doesn't it say non-character, stopping you taking out villains? Having said that, I think it'd be fine if it could kill characters, as like you say it would only work if they were lower than you, at which point you've probably earned it.

TakeWalker wrote:
(3) Broken Universe, Broken Power (One-Shot): Destroy one hero ongoing or equipment card and up to 2 ongoing or environment cards. Mister Redd deals any number of targets X infernal damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed this way.

Wierd but cool. I like this one!

TakeWalker wrote:

A good example of needing Guilt - without that ongoing out the destroying a 5 or less HP is not very attractive option, unless there is a LOT of damage reduction in play. With Guilt could be okay...

TakeWalker wrote:
(3) Head to Head (Ongoing, Limited): The first time Mister Redd is dealt damage by a target other than himself each turn, he deals that target X infernal damage, where X = the amount of damage he took.

Could occasionally be amazing, but villain damage is generally unpredictable enough that it should be fine.

TakeWalker wrote:
(3) Score to Settle (Ongoing, Limited): Increase damage dealt by Mister Redd to the villain target with the highest HP by 1.

A fine card in isolation, but seems a bit odd in this deck given his focus on hitting his friends.

TakeWalker wrote:

Normally I'd say increasing all damage by 1 is great enough without another ability, but with Redd dealing more damage can be a curse as well as a blessing. Nice design!

TakeWalker wrote:

I think I agree with the others, this seems very niche and could often do nothing plus has potentially quite ambiguous wording with "due to". I get the flavour of him rebelling against control, but there might be a better mechanical way to express it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adelphophage wrote:
It's a cool card for the deck to revolve around and I like the flavour, but I'm a little worried it's TOO central to the deck? Without Guilt out it seems like a lot of his cards are not good, and he doesn't have any particularly good card draw making him likely to get it. I can see often having games where Guilt never comes up and I'm just playing one-shots that are poor without it. Compare to say Absolute Zero who also needs a few specific cards to work, but he has 8 x of these cards, AND 4 x cards that search for them AND card draw (pretty sucky card draw I admit, but card draw nevertheless)

I must not have checked the board this morning. I can't think of another reason why I missed this post!

You're right that Guilt is pretty central to the deck. His "hit your friends, then do stuff" cards are designed to be (mostly) decent damage dealing one-shots on their own, with the exception of Kill 'Em All (but then, KNYFE doesn't get a benefit from hitting her friends, so...) It's something that bothers me just a little, but I suppose I could always take He Knows More Than He Should back up to 2 cards drawn...

Adelphophage wrote:
Not sure what you mean by the wording letting you kill the villain if they're on lower HP than you - doesn't it say non-character, stopping you taking out villains?

I forgot what my own card says. D:

And yeah, I'm not sure I like the 'due to' either. There's no precedent for that card, I don't think.

Here addressed not just to Adelpho, but everyone who's commented on it: Here's a card, the physical copies of which I still possess, but that I took out of the deck early on. I present it as a possible alternative to I Am Not a Toy.

Quote:
FAULTY (Ongoing, Limited): Play this card next to a non-character card. Replace that card's keywords with Ongoing. When that card leaves play, destroy this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
TakeWalker wrote:
Here addressed not just to Adelpho, but everyone who's commented on it: Here's a card, the physical copies of which I still possess, but that I took out of the deck early on. I present it as a possible alternative to I Am Not a Toy.

Quote:
FAULTY (Ongoing, Limited): Play this card next to a non-character card. Replace that card's keywords with Ongoing. When that card leaves play, destroy this card.

Pretty novel effect, although Redd only has one way to make use of it being an ongoing via Broken Universe, and even you can only do next turn. If you don't have ongoing destruction handy could be kind of useless...

Also, I'd be a little worried about interactions with a card losing its type - maybe it should just add ongoing rather than overwriting the old types? Also also not sure the rules allow for a target to be an ongoing as well? Also also also, it seems like you could use this to interfere pretty fundamentally with the game and destroy things that aren't really supposed to be easily destroyable - Scions for example have no normal way to be destroyed other than Progeny himself and while admittedly having a quite difficult way to destroy a Scion isn't the end of the world, it does seem like it could cause problems.

Regarding Guilt, if his schtick is dealing damage to his friends he need stuff that makes that a good idea. Guilt by itself unless you give lots of search cards isn't reliable enough, but you could potentially give him 1-2 other cards that give you a reason to deal damage to your friends? Compare to say Tachyon, her thing is playing lots of junky one-shots fast to fill her trash and cycle through deck for big hitters - but if she ONLY had HUD goggles then she would be too unreliable. Instead she also has pushing the limits and lightning reflexes that feed into her core mechanic in different ways.

Off the top of my head, maybe an ongoing with something like "Whenever Mister Redd deals damage to another hero target, increase damage dealt by that target by 1 until your next turn"? Could potentially take the slot of I'm Not a Toy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Also, I'd be a little worried about interactions with a card losing its type - maybe it should just add ongoing rather than overwriting the old types? Also also not sure the rules allow for a target to be an ongoing as well? Also also also, it seems like you could use this to interfere pretty fundamentally with the game and destroy things that aren't really supposed to be easily destroyable - Scions for example have no normal way to be destroyed other than Progeny himself and while admittedly having a quite difficult way to destroy a Scion isn't the end of the world, it does seem like it could cause problems.

I can think of one card that does something similar in that it makes all equipment and ongoings into targets. Realm of Discord - Imbuded Vitality.
But you are probably right it adds to and doesn't wipe existing keywords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding the keyword would likely be the best way to go about it. Then you can't destroy conditions or drug cards. (And you can always wipe Scions with End of Days!)

More cards to take advantage of collateral damage is the way to go, though. I'm hemmed somewhat by what I can call them (all these cards were developed from their titles, taken from the various tales), but I'm sure I can find something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
More very general comments, sorry I mostly focus on things I see problems with:
- What's the point of making something an ongoing card? Just to let ongoing killers take it out? That's not a lot less niche. Most heroes would prefer ways to turn ongoings into not ongoings (IMO, which is why Stranger has Mark of Destruction).
- All that said, if that's your goal, you could just make your card an ongoing that goes next to something and says "when one of these dies, so does the other". Does make it susceptible to villain ongoing destruction, but avoids the need for keyword shenanigans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That second one's a way cooler idea. I don't think I'm going to reinstate FAULTY, though; looking for more ways to capitalize on collateral damage instead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.