Popular Tags: [View All]
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that people are having issues with minies falling off, but mine wouldn't go in?!
I need to push hard for them to stand at all, and still pin that goes into base hole is outside 2/3.
Want to glue them, but how to do it? to cut of that plastic part that goes into base off? Can't see another solution, as they just do not want to fit in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grey Fox
Portugal
Sintra
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I did not glue them, but I did have some that refused to fit.

I used sandpaper to reduce the size of the pin (by brushing around it) until they fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a blade to cut the pins more narrow and glued them in place. I would recommend a bowl of hot and cold water to straighten out the minis before gluing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up rebasing mine on reaper bases. It didnt take very long. Those large bases are ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brewgeek wrote:
I ended up rebasing mine on reaper bases. It didnt take very long. Those large bases are ridiculous.

I have none experience with that. Can you please do 'step by step' guide, if there are not many steps, and you have some spare time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Imperium - coming sometime
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the original bases, in the end I used a hot glue gun to stick the figures to the bases - seems to have worked

Some I trimmed down the peg, so it didn't protrude beyond the base (and tear the counter).

Re-basing is certainly possible, you can drill the new base (assuming it doesn't have a hole/slot) and attach the figure like you would on the original base. Some people cut the peg off and then make a new peg/pin using a bit of metal (cut up a paperclip) but as these have pegs already I can't see the advantage of doing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
Nuuq wrote:
brewgeek wrote:

I have none experience with that. Can you please do 'step by step' guide, if there are not many steps, and you have some spare time

I rebased as well on to Litko clear basses.

Step 1. Buy the bases, a set of shears, and glue.
[optional - paint minis before proceeding]
Step 2. Using the shears cut the pegs off of the miniatures.
Step 3. Pour a small amount of the glue onto a surface (paper plate for example) and use a tooth pick to transfer the glue to the feet of the miniatures. Work quickly because the glue can get stringy.
Step 4. Put the miniature onto the base and allow to dry 24 hours.

When you're done you will have miniatures that actually stay on their bases , don't take up way more space than they need to on the board, look better (if you painted) and you can see the map underneath them.

Here are my Deep One Hybrids I just finished.

If you have any additional questions just ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
What size of bases did you use? I remember there was another thread where someone said how many of each size he had to get but can't find it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
edosan wrote:
What size of bases did you use? I remember there was another thread where someone said how many of each size he had to get but can't find it now.

I bought a bag of 25mm, 30mm, and 40mm. I also bought the 40mm with flight stands for the flying monsters.

It's more bases total than I really need, but I have extras for other games/expansions.

So far I've mounted as follows though:

Cultists - 25mm
Deep One Hybrids - 30mm (could have used 25mm)
Deep One - 30mm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to mount the minis on to clear bases too, but I've never done it before. I was wondering, is it possible to drill holes through the plastic bases and keep the pegs on the minis? I wasn't sure if the the drill would crack the base though. I thought keeping the pegs on the minis would keep them from breaking off the bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psydotek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
I wanted to mount the minis on to clear bases too, but I've never done it before. I was wondering, is it possible to drill holes through the plastic bases and keep the pegs on the minis? I wasn't sure if the the drill would crack the base though. I thought keeping the pegs on the minis would keep them from breaking off the bases.

I drilled holes using cordless hand drill and trimmed the pegs a bit. I think I only cracked one base because I was pushing the drill too hard.

Drilling holes is probably overkill since acrylic cement is pretty strong, but I wanted to do it anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psydotek wrote:
tlee33 wrote:

I drilled holes using cordless hand drill and trimmed the pegs a bit. I think I only cracked one base because I was pushing the drill too hard.

Drilling holes is probably overkill since acrylic cement is pretty strong, but I wanted to do it anyways.

Okay thanks. I wanted to try it since I didn't want to cut the pegs in case I ever wanted to use the black bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psydotek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Okay thanks. I wanted to try it since I didn't want to cut the pegs in case I ever wanted to use the black bases.

If you use 1.5mm thick bases you'll have to trim a bit off since the pegs are slightly over 1.5mm long. If you use 3mm thick bases you won't have to trim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If you're removing the pegs, what thickness do you prefer, the 1.5 mm or the 3 mm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psydotek wrote:
tlee33 wrote:

If you use 1.5mm thick bases you'll have to trim a bit off since the pegs are slightly over 1.5mm long. If you use 3mm thick bases you won't have to trim.

Okay, I just ordered the 1.5mm bases. I'll file the pegs down a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psydotek wrote:

what drill bit size did you use?

Was it consistent among all pegs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psydotek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall which drill bit size I used, just compared the peg size to the drill bits I had and used the closest one (actually, one size larger to otherwise the fit was too tight).

All the pegs on the miniatures are the same size so no worrying about having to swap drill bits once you find the right one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thank you...

Just ordered the litko bases and glue and will be picking up a dremmil bit today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
A 7/64 in. drill bit is perfect for most of the pegs, but I had to use a 1/8 in. drill bit for a couple of them. And no, they do not crack the clear bases. I drilled three dozen of them recently and didn't break a single one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I drilled all of my litko bases and I'm very happy now. Minis look much better without those horrendous black bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of glue is best for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.