Subject: Got into an endless loop situation, was I breaking a rule? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I don't have the exact setup recorded, but the basic situation was, I had a three stack, my opponent had a three stack, we were both adjacent to a house, and the area was pretty cordoned-off so there wasn't really a question of bringing in other stacks to be relevant to the situation. And what happened was we both judged it the best move, on our turn, to sacrifice two guys to take over that house, then reinforce the one-stack we had left with the two guys we had just used to take the house over. So basically, we were going to endlessly trade the house back and forth.

Does it sound like there were any rules we were probably breaking, or can this happen according to the rules?

I imagine a "no repetition" rule could be house-ruled in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Kermarrec
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi,

You're right, no rule is given for this kind of situation. You can simply house-rule a "no-repetition" rule if you wish, of course. ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thank you!

I think a no-repeat rule will work best, as in Go.

(I also think most probably this situation arose as much out of our ignorance of good strategy as anything else. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fink
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were only these two three-stacks left in the Board? Than there had to be the Imperators on Stack, because if both are captured, they will exchange. So one of you, could have beaten the other one... Do i miss something?

Excuse my english
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.