Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I have just been to the Hume Inn to check a few details and the hotel reported a possible concern.

Anyone who may have called Telstra for the phone number may have been directed to the Hume Country Motor Inn (this appears first in their listing). This is NOT the hotel where social gaming will be held on the Saturday Night! This is a separate hotel some 10 Kms away and not near the CBD at all!!!

Our Hotel is the Hume Inn. If you may have been mislead please contact the Hume Inn on (02) 6021 2733 and make a booking. They still have rooms available as of tonight.

On a brighter note the hotel have confirmed today that they are happy to offer their Function Room for social gaming on both Friday and Saturday night.

This is great news for anyone traveling to Albury on the Friday night. I will be at the hotel between 5-6pm to welcome people and play a few games. I can also run through any questions regarding the Settlers and Carcassonne tournaments. I'll also bring my poker chips in case there is interest in a poker game. Maybe we could play for our meal on the Saturday night, with the losers all chipping in to cover the winner's meal? Just a thought.

The hotel will also sell beer and wine out of the bar in the function room. No spirits though so they are happy for people to bring their own booze as well.

All very accommodating from them really. I look forward to seeing you all next week.

Cheers,

Neil

PS - Please spread the word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
Australia
Ashburton
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil,

Poker you say?! Well dice hate me, but...

Wait a second haven't I been here saying this yesterday?? Bloody Bill Murray!!

I have actually checked my accomodation details and I am at the right one. Would have been funny if I made these comments and found out I had booked the wrong place!... Now to get the GG for that Games Expo microbadge!

See you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I just booked their last twin room.
I'm ready.

Bring your jumpers, and bring your V. Or your red bull, which ever you prefer.
And bring some of those awesome games that I'll forget to bring. And expansions. I like expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Australian Games Expo - Accommodation Warning - Must Rea
Ahem.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/169150

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Australian Games Expo - Accommodation Warning - Must Rea
I know it's a long-shot but... any wargamers heading up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, you'd do anything to get a wargame in! Yep, you've got three heading up in one car - but can't say we're actually going to bring any wargames with us. Will you have CC:E or similar, as I may be all euroed out by Sunday afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Sistrom
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Never posted on forums before but been a member of BGG for a while. My wife an I are coming down from Sydney to the Expo.

We are staying at the Quality on Olive as recommended on the Expo website, if I had looked here earlier I might have seen this Hume was a better option. Oh well cheaper at least the QonO looks nice so the wife is happy staying at a nice place That and that we are heading on afterwards to visit some friends of hers further west is how I convinced her to come.

We are driving down on Friday, not sure when we get there. If I am busting for some games before the real action starts at the expo I may try heading over to the Hume function room friday to see if anything is playing.

I have entered the Carcassone tournament. I used to play a lot of RPG's and some wargames back into the 80's, and started getting back into games through boardgames over the last couple of years. Not that I am opposed to RPG and war, just find it easier to get people to play boardgames.

So I may meet some of you down at the Expo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrard Unmack
Australia
Geelong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This year I had a very bad experience with the Hume Inn and won't be going back.

Last year the place was great and I had a good experience and was the reason I had no hesitation in going back or recommending the Hotel to others. However after this experience I would not do so again.

There were a number of issues I had with the Hotel. And these were:
1) The room had no adequete heating facilities, the reverse cycle air conditioner was noisy and just blew an irregular gust of warm wind into the base of the bed.
2) The double bed did not have an electric blanket, which when informed the hotel did not remedy.
3) The walls were covered in dribbles of dried liquid, probably from premixed drinks from previous occupants. The reflective dribbles of the dried sugar obvious when the lights were on.
4) The Bathroom had no heating what so ever. So walking onto a freezing tile floor in the middle of the night was a joy, as were the morning showers.
5) The Bathroom had no ventilation or exhaust fan facilities. As a result there was mould growing on the ceiling.

And the final straw.
After sleeping in til just before 10amon Sunday, my girlfriend and I got into the shower, to get ready for the second days games. Half way through the shower there was a knock on the door, followed by "Housekeeping". I called out that I was in the shower, which was obvious as the bathroom had no ventilation or exhaust, and so the windows were open. 5 minutes later there was another knock on the door, followed by "Are you out yet?". I responded "No." and they left.

We left the room by 10:30 and were seen by the cleaners and hotel staff leaving, so assumed the room would be serviced. But apparently the cleaners have a schedule that they do not alter, and did not return to the room.

When we got back to the room in the late afternoon, to find that it had not been cleaned etc. We went to the reception and asked about a refund for the night as we were going to leave, not satisfied with the conditions, which was refused. And the reception we recieved on this occaison was rude and hostile, and as I pulled up to return the room key, was meet by a hostile Manager, the same gentlemen that was serving in the conference room through the evenings.

Basically his response was that we had told the cleaning staff to go away and that it was our responisibilty to deal with the lack of an electric blanket. That there was nothing that they could do about the lack of heating or ventilation or the mould on the ceiling and stains on the walls. And they would not move us to another empty room, as there may be other guests on their way and they could not get the cleaners to service and refresh the room.

In essence we were told if you don't like it, deal with it or leave. We have your money and you won't get it back.

In the future I will be staying at another hotel, probably the comfort inn on the next corner down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.