Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just taking a minute to moan about consistently losing to the Smarter AI. This last game, I didn't recognize a single word it played. The first two turns it just appeared to be showing off. The first turn, it played the letters AETL. did it play TALE or TEAL? No, it played TAEL. The second turn, it played <wild>ENRS. Did it play SIREN? Of course not. It chose SYREN. It didn't score any extra points with those choices, it was just being a jerk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like an AI with a bit of personality. Plus it's teaching you new words, so you're welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The smarter AI is very beatable and you don't need to know fancy words to do it either. It does pull out some crazy words though, no argument there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI is probably just programmed with a generic dictionary .. it wouldn't have a way of knowing how commonly used a word is ...

That's why it's an "A"I
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip R
msg tools
I have noticed a few things about the "Smarter AI".

1 - The AI definitely decides to go easy on you. You can glance its unused cards at the end of its turn. I let the AI go first and often the AI will have a good and easy chance to play for the 7 letter word bonus on hand 3 but it often ignores it, it on average gives you 2-3 rounds (after the 2 starting hands) to try and win it before it does.

2 - I can't tell if the AI is a little schizo or it just buys cards randomly. Occasionally it will opt for one of the "+3 cards" cards, in which case you can often count the number of turns left in the game as it will consistently play for the 8, 9 , 10 letter word length cards. If the AI doesn't buy one of the "+3 cards", I find it is a lot less interested in winning the 8, 9, 10 letter bonuses.

3 - I like that the AI will often opt to buy the wilds instead of the big expensive letters, it makes me feel smarter for making the big expensive words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.