Ty Duan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
It seems that portal games is not accepting preorders anymore and the preorder is currently "out of stock" on CoolstuffInc. I was wondering if there's still any place where I can preorder the 2nd edition at a reasonable price? I live in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Showed up at my FLGS this weekend... so it's in the wild...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adams
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the funagain website. It was there for preorder a few days ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nuke_morningstar
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
No Clear Mind
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the game is actually out in many places, but it's really hard to to obtain for me as well (I live in Istanbul)

Waiting impatiently for Amazon US to stock it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
I would love to know as well. Hopefully someone can offer some information! I will call local shops tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I preordered this game from Miniature Market in SEPTEMBER! Now it's mid-December and still no word. I don't fault MM for this, because I'm sure they want to have copies to sell to people, but it's frustrating when I see other people being able to buy it at other locations. Also, there were a number of people who got Robinson Crusoe from their BGG Secret Santa this year - where did they get it??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered Crusoe 2ed from Cape Fear Games (through Amazon US). A couple hours ago, Cape Fear showed 3 games available and I received a "shipped" email (to arrive Dec 22-29).
Cape Fear Games is great (I've used them before and would highly recommend them.) The last time I ordered from them, the game arrived several days early.

(I just checked Amazon US and 1 is left in stock.)
Good luck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marac408 wrote:
I preordered this game from Miniature Market in SEPTEMBER! Now it's mid-December and still no word. I don't fault MM for this, because I'm sure they want to have copies to sell to people, but it's frustrating when I see other people being able to buy it at other locations. Also, there were a number of people who got Robinson Crusoe from their BGG Secret Santa this year - where did they get it??

This is the dilemma with preorders. If you preorder, you are guaranteed a copy, but when you receive that copy is a huge question mark. There is a chance that you might find a copy of it elsewhere before you receive your preordered copy.

However, if you do not preorder and you don't magically stumble across a copy somewhere, you may be waiting months before you have a chance to buy the game especially if it sells out quickly and you have to wait for another print run. That happened to me with Terra Mystica.

Two weeks ago, I took a chance and preordered Gloomhaven from MM. In order to get free shipping I needed to add about $20 to my order. At the time, Star Wars Destiny was also a preorder. I had read somewhere that Gloomhaven was going to be available soon, so I jumped on the preorder thinking that Destiny and GH would be released around the same time. I now find out that GH probably won't be delivered to MM until late January/February. That means that my Destiny orders will not ship until then either. Kind of sucks, but I am very happy that I am guaranteed a copy of GH. I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on the first print run and having to wait six months.

With my luck though, I'll probably see GH at my FLGS tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nuke_morningstar
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
badge
No Clear Mind
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the MSRP of this game and how much you people were abble to find this, if I may ask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe suggested price is 75 USD. I got mine today from Cape Fear Games via Amazon Prime (US) for just under 85 USD, although that included shipping (a secondary seller so no free shipping using Prime). So I'm pleased with that, especially in that the anticipated arrival was given as Dec 22-29 and it came early on Dec 18. (Second time in a row Cape Fear Games got a game to me days early.)...
(Looks like they still have one copy in stock...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:
I believe suggested price is 75 USD.

That seems way high to me. I pre-ordered months ago for like $58. Canadian. So that's like a nickel in America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, preorder at MM was only $41, but at least you'll get your game soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Minton
United States
DurhamGreensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The US soccer players use their arms
badge
A new meaning to the name "Gunners"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just preordered this on 12/19 at Funagain Games for $52 + $7 shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeplemart has it in stock in Canada right now for $55 or so. I preordered elsewhere, still not in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Moore
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Found it on Amazon for $58.50 + $7.00 shipping. Received it in the mail yesterday.

Keep an eye on Amazon.

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
Meeplemart has it in stock in Canada right now for $55 or so. I preordered elsewhere, still not in stock.

I know the feeling, I'm still waiting on Quiche Games to get their stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Duan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thank you! That worked for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
I ordered the last copy from Gamenerdz on December 21. $48.97 (US) and Free shipping. Tracking shows it's arriving Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre ordered thru Cardhaus. It said Dec 31st now it says Jan 31st. So mailed them n this was the reply. Really disappointed.
Robinson Crusoe has not arrived yet. It should be in soon but the publisher did not print enough and we most likely will not have enough to cover all of our pre orders as we were not told until it was too late. We will ship pre orders out by the date they came in. Hopefully the publisher will have another print run late Q1 or early Q2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
Digory wrote:
I ordered the last copy from Gamenerdz on December 21. $48.97 (US) and Free shipping. Tracking shows it's arriving Thursday.

So my copy did arrive last week. I feel very fortunate after hearing about all these delays, and even a little guilty, considering I didn't even pre-order it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.