Hide
5 Posts

Human Interface: Nakamura Tower» Forums » General

Subject: HINT Painted Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wheeler
msg tools
A friend of mine eventually had his copy of Human Interface: Nakamura Tower arrive in the mail a few months ago. He didn't realize the pieces required cutting and assembly. Ironically, at this same time, I'd just started getting into painting minis, buying paint supplies and watching a lot of "how to" videos. So, I offered to paint the HINT minis if he was ok with these being guinea pigs. He was cool with it.

We haven't gotten around to playing the game yet. So, I don't have feedback on rules yet.

The models and game board quality are really nice. Overall models are 90% to my liking. There were a few models that looked like the mold mesed up on their face, or the mold on their face was too small.

I had the same issue that others mentioned on previous threads about pieces not fitting together well enough; all the droids arms, small number of characters arms. I had to do a bit of shaving and drilling, but eventually I got everything to fit.

Overall, the models are pretty nice.

[ImageID=ImageID: 3296878]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua O'Connor
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They look great! I havent checked out the minis yet, its sitting on a shelf. I dont need a drill do I? Will Gorilla glue hold the pieces together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wheeler
msg tools
Thanks!
Gorilla glue will do just fine, might be a little slower to dry. I used Insta Cure Gap Filling Glue.
You won't need an actual drill. I just used a fine tipped set of pliers; they worked just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Very impressive but i had mine painted for me as was too lazy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wheeler
msg tools
Thanks much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.