Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Schneider
Germany
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Geek,
I'm probably going to paint the minis and I was wondering what colors the Prisec Units have in Netrunner. From the material I've seen so far, they seem to be gray-ish. Can somebody confirm this? Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
knurps wrote:
Hi Geek,
I'm probably going to paint the minis and I was wondering what colors the Prisec Units have in Netrunner. From the material I've seen so far, they seem to be gray-ish. Can somebody confirm this? Many thanks!

Since they're private security, they're basically mercenaries, I think. Here are the two cards I know of that show them:

I like to imagine that the two people in the second card are both prisec agents for different corps, and that the lady in the foreground kills the guy in the background.

But I think the lady in the foreground is supposed to be the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
If in doubt, go with standard police colours of blue, black and white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The units in New Angeles are the heavy riot gear type. I don't think i saw their look in the Netrunner cards yet, but i did drop out from that game after the first expansion cycle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
As Jean-Phillipe mentioned, we haven't seen this particular kind of prisec unit in Netrunner yet, but prisec in general do tend to be grey.

The ones in New Angeles are Globalsec security forces, so perhaps the other option that would make sense would be to paint them in Globalsec colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Step 1: Execute Prisoner. Step 2: Eulogy. Step 3: Repeat Step 2. Step 4: Profit!
badge
Never give up, never surrender!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wanted a more colourful option:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://netrunnerdb.com/find/?q=Interdiction

This is the suit depicted by the Prisec model. The card (and the lore insert included in the Martial Law datapack) indicates that this is actually a USMC soldier, not a Prisec, so take that for what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Pollock
Canada
flag msg tools
The models in the game have the Globalsec logo on their riot shields, so they're definitely prisec. It's possible that they and the USMC use the same armor, though.

Given that they're Globalsec, it might make sense to base the color schemes on the Globalsec logo, the image on their corp sheet, and Sunny's uniform jacket (https://netrunnerdb.com/en/card/09045).

Edit: Basically, what Sassycat said. That'll teach me to skim threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Winter

Neufahrn b. Freising
Deutschland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question. In the world of android (background book) you get a descent image. You can see it on some YouTube reviews.
https://youtu.be/3ZxX_4ChL70
1:35

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
I imagine the prisec guys looking a lot like the Belltower mercs in the deus ex games. Lots of blacks, grays and metallic colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished painting my set of figures but I took a different approach to this one, in stead of fully painting them like I usually do I opted for shading and highlighting to give them a Frank Miller kind of feel. Will post pics later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.