Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork in the Legendary games is usually fantastic, however the artwork for Firefly was horrifically bad.

I hope Upper Deck keeps the development of the buffy game in line with Alien and others with decent artwork.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they said in a BGG preview video that they would probably be doing screen captures. Buffy has a lot of rights issues, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go the stills route. I need to rewatch that video to confirm.

I'm fine with that, honestly. The Firefly art was so horrendous.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Firefly and Alien artwork is the same, the characters are usually unrecognizable (look at previews of Ripley from the expansion). But during the game it doesn't matter at all and both games are good enough for me not to care about the artwork at all.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
Firefly and Alien artwork is the same


They most certainly are not lol

Aliens is atleast consistent outside the damage cards. Firefly is a trainwreck, featuring some of the worst art I've ever seen.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
Firefly and Alien artwork is the same


Are we looking at the same cards?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
Firefly and Alien artwork is the same, the characters are usually unrecognizable (look at previews of Ripley from the expansion). But during the game it doesn't matter at all and both games are good enough for me not to care about the artwork at all.


I agree, the aliens look good but the characters are hardly recognizable on some cards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wyndam22 wrote:
I believe they said in a BGG preview video that they would probably be doing screen captures.


I would prefer this over bad art... but I hope for original art. Since Buffy did get a comic after the series ended - I am sure art shouldn't be a problem!

I kind of hope they make a Joss Whedon bystander card!

I am pretty excited for this set!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WE are using images straight from the TV series on this one.
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stills are disappointing. I really like the art for the Encounters games. I haven't inventoried and sleeved my copy of Firefly yet, so I can't comment on the art for it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a Buffy Game i like Screenshots from the Series
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you don't use artwork, how can people complain about it?

Oh, they can just complain about you not using artwork. Don't worry, internet whiners, you will always have something to gripe about.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
jphien wrote:
Azikin wrote:
Firefly and Alien artwork is the same, the characters are usually unrecognizable (look at previews of Ripley from the expansion). But during the game it doesn't matter at all and both games are good enough for me not to care about the artwork at all.


I agree, the aliens look good but the characters are hardly recognizable on some cards.


While in Aliens the characters may not be recognizable, they at least look like average comic art. In Firefly some of the cards look like kindergarten art that was rejected.

I love Legendary, and really love Legendary Encounters, but the Firefly art is just terrible. Hopefully they will pick good stills for this one that don't make it look amateurish.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.