Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I've search this forum for question regarding Nun's Ability but I didn't see an answer to my particular question. This might mean that my question have an obvious answer... but I've decided to ask you either way.

The ability reads: Summon a dead Nun to join a non-Ranged Fight (before dice are rolled). Then replace one of the City Action in that District with a Corruption Token.

Does this mean that the ability only works when the Nun are spawned inside a district? Or can it be spawned on a street space, but she can only replaces a city action of an adjacent discrict?

In the game we've played, the sin player was replacing city action of any district on the board, but the way I read the ability, it should only work when the nun is spawned inside a district.

What do you guys feel about it?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read that, you definitely should only be blocking a single city action within the tile the nun is summoned too.

However, you are also correct that a district does not include the streets surrounding it, so it does stand to reason that it only works if the nun is summoned inside a district and not in the street.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The term, "THAT DISTRICT" tells me in only applies inside a district. But this is one of those games with a lot of questions and not enough answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JaspeLoedm wrote:
The term, "THAT DISTRICT" tells me in only applies inside a district. But this is one of those games with a lot of questions and not enough answers.

Since there are only City Actions in districts the Second Part of the ability makes Sense. The question (i.e. the ambiguity) is whether the first Part is available in Street spaces. I would say yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Mescam
France
flag msg tools
Another couple questions on the nun's ability:

What is the effect of replacing an urban action by a corruption token?

- the token is considered inside the district, so whenever a hero enters or leaves this district, it must make a corruption test?
- the token is acivated when a hero activates the district with its token? If so, it must make a corruption test? Or he suffers automatically a corruption?

Can a hero removes a token placed by a nun with a "cleanse the area action"?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it as you summon the nun on the tile but it works on that tiles district. So even if you summon the nun to a street area it will block that district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
amanwing wrote:
I read it as you summon the nun on the tile but it works on that tiles district. So even if you summon the nun to a street area it will block that district.

Most 'street spaces' overlap 2-4 tiles and border 2-4 districts. How do you know which 'tile' the nun is summoned to?

The rules are quite clear that the district is the building, not the street, so I think the nun ability only works when you join a fight in a district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Schwarz
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgeWhyMe wrote:
Another couple questions on the nun's ability:

What is the effect of replacing an urban action by a corruption token?

- the token is considered inside the district, so whenever a hero enters or leaves this district, it must make a corruption test?
- the token is acivated when a hero activates the district with its token? If so, it must make a corruption test? Or he suffers automatically a corruption?

Can a hero removes a token placed by a nun with a "cleanse the area action"?
I also wonder how this corruption token works exactly, so I'm quite interested in the answer to these questions....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meney
Scotland
Larbert
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Until now I have played it as follows...

Summon a dead Nun to join a non-Ranged Fight (before dice are rolled). Then replace one of the City Action in that District with a Corruption Token.

Summon the nun to a non-ranged fight.
If the nun was summoned to a district, and not a street, perform the ability as well.

But having read it again I think this is wrong. The nun MUST be summoned to a district zone. The fact that it states THEN rather and an IF means that both must be legal for it to resolve the summoning at all at all.

Again, some better wording on the cards would have cleared this up.

Summon a dead Nun to join a non-Ranged Fight (before dice are rolled). Then replace one of the City Action with a Corruption Token if summoned to a district.

I have also played that a cleanse will remove the corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.