Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I just purchased this game and as soon as I got home I took inventory of all the pieces.

In the rulebook, it says that there are 28 overlay pieces, but my copy of the game only has 23. I figure that this is probably a misprint in the rulebook because every other piece (specifically the cardboard chits/markers) are exact, and I figure that if there was another sheet of cardboard to punch out, that it would probably have some extra miscellaneous small pieces around the edges and such so as to not waste space, but I already have the right amount of all the small markers, so that is why I think it's a misprint.

Anyway, I'd be most appreciative if someone could verify or refute my theory. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
It is 23.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got 23 as well in my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yonatan Korem
Israel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't have the game, but i have several FF games and almost everyone of them has a misprint on the inventory. Warrior Knights is the worst. i thought i lost a token, so i took inventory. found out i have less then i should with several items. (according to the original rulebook)
some of the rest i had more then i should have.

i don't know why they don't bother checking their rulebook before printing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
jackofhearts.yk wrote:
i don't know why they don't bother checking their rulebook before printing...

They do check them.

The piece count changes during the course of developement as the graphics design department determines exactly how many tiny bits that they can fit onto the punch boards. The editor then counts up the bits and checks the rule book. If he mis-counts, then an error appears in the rulebook.

In this instance, trying to count the number of hex overlays was pretty difficult. When you are just looking at the graphics, it is sometime difficult to tell if something is a 3 hex overlay or 3 single hex overlays. I ran into the same problem when I was making the datafiles for the editor.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Misprinted inventory is frustrating and unfair to paying customers.

Mike Z pointed out how FFG's development process leaves room for this kind of mistake. I don't care how "difficult" it is to count, if I buy an eighty dollar game, I'm sure as heck going to check to make sure all the pieces are included. I think the publisher has an obligation to do the same.

If I had any willpower whatsoever I'd boycott purchasing Tide Of Iron. Unfortunately, that will not be possible, as my head will explode if I have to wait any longer to play this game. Damn you FFG!

But hear this! If they pull this crap again in Sept. with the release of Starcraft - the boardgame, I'm gonna be mad as hell, and I wont take it any more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yonatan Korem
Israel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
You'll huff and puff... and then go buy the game

but i do agree with you. i much rather wait another month and get a game with no error, misprints and stuff, then to get my game now and have a headache about it.

Blizzard does it all the time. pushing release date further and further but i don't mind because i know that if they wouldn't, i'd get an incomplete game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey dudes, take a chill pill. After all, a 3 does kind of look like an 8. Sort of a "chewed-on" 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
It is 23.

Mike Z

Mike, How do I make the map for Liberation? It calls for 2 level 1 single hex hills and ToI only comes with one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Palfreyman
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Spacehulk wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
It is 23.

Mike Z

Mike, How do I make the map for Liberation? It calls for 2 level 1 single hex hills and ToI only comes with one!

I had the same problem - spent ages looking for the extra bits, searching the rubbish (trash) for anything I may have thrown away before being pointed to this thread.

I ended up using two level 2 tiles. Not a problem, but a bit annoying to think there was a bit missing for a while!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Palfreyman wrote:
Spacehulk wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
It is 23.

Mike Z

I had the same problem - spent ages looking for the extra bits, searching the rubbish (trash) for anything I may have thrown away before being pointed to this thread.

I ended up using two level 2 tiles. Not a problem, but a bit annoying to think there was a bit missing for a while!

Now Neil, I know you have a copy of M44; why didn't you snaffle a hill from that game to use instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jackofhearts.yk wrote:

but i do agree with you. i much rather wait another month and get a game with no error, misprints and stuff, then to get my game now and have a headache about it.

Blizzard does it all the time. pushing release date further and further but i don't mind because i know that if they wouldn't, i'd get an incomplete game.

Let me get this straight... you'd rather have waited an extra month so they'd change the "23" into a "28" for an inventory number that you'll only read once (if at all)?

To each his own, I guess. Me, I've got a Sharpie and I'm not afraid to use it. More importantly, I do not have OCD arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr.Baggins wrote:
jackofhearts.yk wrote:

Let me get this straight... you'd rather have waited an extra month so they'd change the "23" into a "28" for an inventory number that you'll only read once (if at all)?

To each his own, I guess. Me, I've got a Sharpie and I'm not afraid to use it. More importantly, I do not have OCD arrrh

Personally, I am more PO'd that I got jipped 5 tiles. Whether they claim that it was a typo or whatever, I can't make all the maps that are in the guide with the supplied tiles. That my freind is B.S.!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.