Popular Tags: [View All]
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

On the Boer sortie table priority 1 is Eliminate a Battery, I just wanted to clarify that a Boer Commando can eliminate a British Battery even if it is located all the way across the other side of the map if they can trace a path of clear areas there?

The reason I ask is that 3 times in a row starting turn 5 I have pulled the chit "4th group released" but in each instance they could not be released due to the amount of British SP's in the Upper Frontline Area but the Boer Commandos in Robinson's Drift can trace a clear path of areas all the way across the map.

Cheers,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bill,

The following is correct:

Quote:
...a Boer Commando can eliminate a British Battery even if it is located all the way across the other side of the map if they can trace a path of clear areas there

A Boer sortie is carried out by from one to two platoons (65 to 130 men). If unimpeded, a force of horsemen this size can easily traverse the battlefield in 30 minutes.

G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the commandos in Robinson's drift can sortie out from their initial off-map placement? I had assumed they couldn't until they were on the map.

Likewise, that any commandoes north of the river couldn't sortie across the Tugela. Is that incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Godfrey,

Can a Boer unit cross a drift marker to Sortie and destroy a battery?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.