Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to buy goods that you cannot store?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Heine
Australia
West Launceston
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You only buy resources that your power plant can legitimately use and then only up to twice their capacity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sanheim
Canada
Coppersands
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of discussion. - Plato.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is fairly clear from the rules that you cannot. Page 4 in English rules under Phase 3 section, Buying Resources.
The rules state, "Each player can buy resources up to the maximum allowed in all his plants (twice as many as their production numbers)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh bonus points for attempted Evil Play Technique (EPT) devil

It's perfectly valid to buy resources that you are not expecting to be able to use merely to deprive other players, but if you want to buy them you must be able to store them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brainst0rm wrote:

The previous posters are right, but I read about a variant where each player gets a "warehouse" that stores 4 of anything, even if they can't use whatever they put there. Players have the options of tossing out or transferring (if they eventually get plants that use the resource) whatever's in the warehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
So can you, buy as much as you can carry.

then dont use it.

does that get stockpiled?

or u cannot buy any more what you can carry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
moses beard wrote:
So can you, buy as much as you can carry.

then dont use it.

does that get stockpiled?

or u cannot buy any more what you can carry

A plant can hold two turns of fuel. If you do not run a plant, all the fuel stays. If a plant has two turns of fuel going into the turn, you can't buy more fuel for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

thanks man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unixrevolution wrote:
brainst0rm wrote:

The previous posters are right, but I read about a variant where each player gets a "warehouse" that stores 4 of anything, even if they can't use whatever they put there. Players have the options of tossing out or transferring (if they eventually get plants that use the resource) whatever's in the warehouse.

There is this warehouse that stores 3 of anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamarche
Canada
Val-d'Or
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This means we played our first game wrong. I told the players to whom I explained the rules there were no limits of ressources you could buy, but you could just not store them.

Nobody did play evil except for one player during last turn who had extra money and tried to cripple the 1 or 2 guys in front of him in turn order. By doing this, he lost the game to me by 5 elektros.

I understand why the rules state that you cannot buy more than you can store, but for me, this could be a valid house rule for people who like playing evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.