Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one clear out the feedback section for a one way math trade?

What I mean is -- I send a game to a person in a math trade, that person receives the game and leaves me feedback, but doesn't send me anything because it's a one way trade... Now, how do I get rid of that trade listed under "Requires Feedback From You" section of the Trade Manager and have it placed as a "Completed Trades"? There is no feedback needed on my part, so how do I clear it out?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.... I hope I explained it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bakalchuck
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You clear it out by leaving feedback for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shouldn't have to leave feedback for them, they didn't provide me anything... All I did was send the game along to the person I was suppose to and received my game from a totally different person in the trade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to clear it out is to leave feedback.

Common practice is to leave postive feedback if there were no issues. If there was an issue, then you'd leave feedback based on how the issue was handled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm basically leaving false feedback for something they didn't do or provide me for the math trade... All they did was accept my game and left me feedback...

To leave feedback, I only have 3 choices: positive, negative, neutral... there should be a 4th.. don't know what to call it, but something to show it was a one way math trade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideally, people sending things to you are doing the same. So, things all balance out. You may be giving "phantom" positive feedback, but you are also receiving the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well,
look at it this way...
since *that* person accepted a game, you are part of a chain in which *you* receive a game. So that's a 'positive' right?

Also, if they do what they're supposed to do, respond to the offer and provide their addy etc. that makes it easy for you, right?

but the practical way to do it:

"1-way trade where I sent XXX game YYY in ZZZ Math trade". that way anyone checking the records knows that you sent them a game w/out receiving one back.

-->Buuuuut it shows you have 'good credit' e.g. you were obliged to send a game and you did so. So 'adds' to your credit via the trade rating.

Ditto when you receive a game-you don't 'ship' so add a comment "virtual shipping to clear out trade manager-no games shipped as I was the recipient".

upshot-just leave the Positive feedback w/ a comment explaining that you shipped a game as part of a math trade.

We Math Trade addicts know, understand, and live this.
Welcome to MTA (Math Traders Annonymous)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sender in the recent math trade left feedback as follows: "Pat did an excellent job receiving my game in a math trade." And he checked the positive radio button.

I usually say something like. Math trade where I sent the game. Good communication. And I check the postitive radio button. I figure the comment area is there for explaining your feed back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks J.L.Robert, davido, and Patt, I never thought of it that way... I just completed my first math trade so I'm very new at this... and I haven't received any of that "phantom" positive feedback yet... that's why I was stumped on how to give feedback for something that wasn't provided... I just ask a bunch of questions (so I don't screw up), and everyone is kind enough to help me out...

Many thanks to all who have helped now and before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
CinMel wrote:
Okay, thanks J.L.Robert, davido, and Patt, I never thought of it that way... I just completed my first math trade so I'm very new at this... and I haven't received any of that "phantom" positive feedback yet... that's why I was stumped on how to give feedback for something that wasn't provided... I just ask a bunch of questions (so I don't screw up), and everyone is kind enough to help me out...

Many thanks to all who have helped now and before...

Glad to be of service. Hope your first math trade was a positive experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:

So far so good... I did my part, I sent out the games (5 trades in all) and they received them, now I'm just waiting for games in return... so far, I received 2 out of 5 trades... waiting patiently...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
CinMel wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

So far so good... I did my part, I sent out the games (5 trades in all) and they received them, now I'm just waiting for games in return... so far, I received 2 out of 5 trades... waiting patiently...

So far I've only received one of the games I am due, and that was a "tip" from a participant. Par for the course, and I'm quite pleased overall!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh, I just got dinged with a "neutral" from the math trade, I suppose the sender thought since I hadn't sent anything to him, that neutral was OK but he didn't leave a comment such as "math trade cleanup" etc. Just the neutral. So someone looking at my trade feedback isn't going to know exactly what happened -- did that jerk from Alameda stiff somebody? robot Hopefully they will check out the other feedback, but anyway, please leave a positive feedback if everything went well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
steveoliverc wrote:
Argh, I just got dinged with a "neutral" from the math trade, I suppose the sender thought since I hadn't sent anything to him, that neutral was OK but he didn't leave a comment such as "math trade cleanup" etc. Just the neutral. So someone looking at my trade feedback isn't going to know exactly what happened -- did that jerk from Alameda stiff somebody? robot Hopefully they will check out the other feedback, but anyway, please leave a positive feedback if everything went well.

This happened to me. BGG suggested that we do a "phantom trade" together with no games involved to allow clarification... He was a new Math Trader.

His understanding was much as CinMel's. He didn't think it was legit to give positive feedback for a non-game.

I offered to him that we ought to take every chance to grant someone who has treated another person with dignity and good communication with a chance to glean another positive for "free."

Essentially, in a Math Trade, consider the communication to be highly crucial to even the recipient side of things... and know that you will likely get as many "freebie" positives as you give out.

And, in the case of someone I have traded with previously, like Carol Carpenter (three MT's in a row) I give glowing feedback about her character on my end... because she deserves it.

Peace, OUT --C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve, sorry to hear about your "neutral".. I can only speak from what I do looking at the feedback... I ignore all the ones that don't leave any comments to explain themselves...

Here's a thought and a suggestion.... there should be something included in the feedback where both parties can comment on a comment given (just like on ebay)... that way if something wasn't written in the comments, the person receiving can comeback and comment on that saying it was a one way trade, so down the line it doesn't look bad on you in any way....

P.S. that's why I started asking the question about feedback... I didn't want to screw up and get anyone mad at me for not doing it the right way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steveoliverc wrote:

That stinks. Sorry to hear it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steveoliverc wrote:

No worries, mate-things I'd look at:
1) Math trade and verify that you did your part (shipped your game)
2) rating of person leaving a feedback (new user leaving a "neutral"
3) comments (or lack of it-a neutral w/out comments-no biggie at all)
4) overall track record/trade rating-yer one of the 'regs'/addicts

-->still happy to trade w/ya

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cormier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can just put "Sender in a MATH trade" and leave positive feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CinMel wrote:
So, I'm basically leaving false feedback for something they didn't do or provide me for the math trade... All they did was accept my game and left me feedback...

I know others have responded, but I just thought I'd throw in my thoughts:

It's not "false feedback" because a receiver can actually do a lot of damage to a sender.

Examples:
1) Claiming an item never arrived.
2) Claiming an item came damaged or missing components.

As a sender it is your responsibility that the item get there safely and in one piece. If it doesn't, you will have to either ship something new or give some sort of monetary compensation. Your positive feedback for a receiver that gives you no problems is a confirmation that that receiver is an honest trader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.