Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocalypse Road continues to leap each hurdle I set in front of it. Two or three final load tests coming up but nothing that makes me think we don't have it nailed down. Combine that with the fact that for the first time in months I feel strong, energetic and healthy and suddenly everything feels back on track.

Now it is time get down to business and get these names fleshed out along with the tracks for the Grand Prix Expansion Pack. While GMT is printing these two items, they have once again graciously allowed us to monetize the naming rights in the game for our own gain. Thus we will be using any money raised on here to offset costs incurred by our own publishing company, Nothing Now Games, as we endeavor to launch our first slate of games in 2017. This will pay for things like artwork and convention deposits.

First the Grand Prix track pack. There are four tracks that need named. In the real world they are Monza, Monaco, Silverstone and Spa-Francorchamps.

Since the Thunderverse has already abandoned the real-world names of tracks and teams, I have no desire to start now. Each of these tracks needs a name and a location in the Thunderverse. The Monza track will come with three possible configurations (road, oval & combined). Naming one of these tracks will cost $100. The purchaser can name the course (G-Rated) and locate it anywhere in the world they wish.

The next items are the four tracks included in Apocalypse Road. Please excuse my rough renderings of them but they images should give you an idea of the tracks. Each of them needs a name and a location in a post apocalyptic world.

Naming one of these tracks will cost $100. The purchaser can name the course (G or soft PG-13 Rated) and locate it anywhere in the world they wish.

Next up are the 10 teams that dominate the Apocalypse Road Circuit. Some of the teams have already been created but other remain to be taken.
Team List
Blue Team - Not yet purchased
Green Team - Not yet purchased
Yellow Team - Not yet purchased
Purple Team - Deadbeats from Orlando, Florida
Black Team - Owned but not yet named
Golden Gate Orange Team - Baguette Bakers from San Francisco, California
No Assigned Color Team - Not yet purchased
Naming one of these teams will cost $100. In return, the purchaser gets to make the following decisions.
1. Color of the team. In the case of Blue Green and Yellow that person can choose the shade of the team. There are also 4 teams without assigned colors. They cannot closely match colors already on the other teams. The most problematic color will be red as Golden Gate Orange is almost red. But colors like Gray, Light Blue, Pink, Brown, White, Lime Green, Lavender, Turquoise, Teal, etc... are still available.
2. Name of the Team. Try to keep it between PG & PG13.
3. The headquarters of the team.
4. A logo suggestion for the artist to use or be inspired by.
5. A team owner. Can be yourself or fictional.

Finally 100 drivers roaming the Apocalypse Road wastelands will be represented on the 10 teams. Some of these drivers have already been given licenses to drive, but many spots are available.
Blue Team - 1 Driver taken / 9 remain
Green Team - 1 Driver taken / 9 remain
Yellow Team - 1 Driver taken / 9 remain
Purple Team - 1 Driver taken / 9 remain
Black Team - 1 Driver taken / 9 remain
Golden Gate Orange Team - 0 Drivers taken / 10 remain
Unknown teams hold 40 Drivers
Naming a driver will cost $50. The purchaser will be allowed to do the following:
1) Assign it to a team of their choice as long as that team still has available slots.
2) Name the driver. Keep it PG or soft PG-13
3) Assign the driver an id. Up to 3 characters and can consist of numbers or letters.
4) If desired create a custom car based on the car creation mechanics I provide.

If you want to participate, please contact me at the following e-mail:
jeff@nothingnowgames and we can get started on the details. Thank You to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some updates from the Apocalypse Road & Grand Prix naming drive. We have officially a dark blue team, the Hazleton Mountaineers. The team has one driver so far, Jean-Luc "Frankenstein" Simard. The yellow team is probably taken, just waiting on official confirmation. Thank you Max Jamelli.

Items still available:
Grand Prix Tracks:
Monza
Monaco
Silverstone
Spa-Francorchamps

Apocalypse Road Tracks
All four

Apocalypse Road Teams
Green
4 with unassigned colors

Apocalypse Road Drivers
Every color still available

All proceeds from this naming drive will go towards helping Nothing Now Games put out quality games and attend various conventions. You can contact me at: jeff@nothingnowgames.com to join in the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.