Conan» Forums » General

Subject: I created a spell for Hanuman's Body rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I had actually posted this in another thread several days ago, but I figured I'd give it it's own thread to maybe get some feedback. Basically, I had an idea for a custom spell. This is a Shapeshifting/Transmogrify spell. Given the blank spell cards that Monolith gave us with titles, it could be used for "Hanuman's Body". I know that Hanuman in Conan's world has no relationship to the Indian deity, Hanuman, but the Indian Hanuman did have shapeshifting abilities, so it kinda/sorta works. Out of all the titles Monolith gave us, it's kind of the only one that makes sense.

Anyway, the spell basically works like this:

Spend 3 gems to cast. Transform into any unit with a tile. Gain that tile's free Movement, Armor, and Attack bonuses. You can still spend gems on extra Movement, Attack, Defend, and Re-roll up to the hero's exertion limit. If transformed into an animal all items are immediately dropped in the hero's space and you cannot use the Manipulation Action or carry items. Spend 1 gem to change back to the hero.

I also was thinking that it might be cool to have it where if the character takes wounds the spell effects are immediately cancelled.

I won't really have time to test any of this myself until closer to the Holidays, so I figured I'd put it out there and see what other people thought.

Besides being able to change into wolves or tigers and such, I thought it might even be cool for custom scenarios where Hadrathus could change into a Pict in order to sneak into their village or change into a Bossonion guard to get close to Zaparavo in order to assassinate him or steal from him or something.

The way I worded it, it was originally designed for the heroes, but it could be modified to be used with the Overlord as well. Since the KS backers got tiles for all the heroes, the Overlord could change Skuthus into one of the heroes for whatever reason. Even just to have a Conan vs. Conan duel.

I don't know. Let me know what you think. Like I said, I haven't tested it myself, so maybe it's a stupid idea and it won't work nearly as well as it does in my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't make it 'any unit with a tile', there's too much potential for abuse here. Thog/Thaug/Whatever horror or demon comes to mind. Make the available tiles scenario-specific, 2 or 3 should be enough.

"Attack bonuses" doesn't make sense for a unit tile (they simply have an attack of X dice, no bonuses). Maybe allow them to use the attack for 1 gem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
Don't make it 'any unit with a tile', there's too much potential for abuse here. Thog/Thaug/Whatever horror or demon comes to mind. Make the available tiles scenario-specific, 2 or 3 should be enough.

"Attack bonuses" doesn't make sense for a unit tile (they simply have an attack of X dice, no bonuses). Maybe allow them to use the attack for 1 gem.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I know what you mean about "Unit with a tile." I just didn't want people shapeshifting into characters that only have a larger player card. I had always intended for the available creatures to be scenario specific. I just haven't figured out a concise way of saying that.

What I meant by "Attack bonuses" was that their attack power would be the dice from the tile. I guess "Attack Power" would be a better phrasing? And, yeah, the idea, at least for the heroes, was that they could spend gems up to their exertion limit to power the attack, but the dice on the tile would be what they would roll, if that makes sense? Trying to phrase it clearly and succinctly is always a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about that the spell doesn't work with units with horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about (a bit rules-lawyery but things need to be clear) :

Quote:
Hanuman's Body, cost:2 / limit:2
Select a unit tile among those specified by the scenario. You gain the passive armor and abilities listed on the tile, and replace your free movement with the unit's movement. You may use the unit's attack dice as a bonus on melee attack actions.

While in this form, you cannot carry or wear equipment, cast spells, or use Manipulation actions. All items you were carrying are dropped in your space.

At the beginning of your turn, move a gem from your reserve zone to this spell. The spell lasts until you take a wound, or enter cautious stance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.