Subject: A question about Ships and a Question about Scoring... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owen Tudor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi. I have 2 questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. If you put an astronaut on a ship that already has a destination printed on the ship itself, can you choose not to put a destination marker over the default ship destination? Or must you always put a destination marker on a ship (which wouldn't make sense to me)? OR are you EVEN ALLOWED to put a destination marker on a ship that already has a default destination on it?

2. When you score for the regions, say the first time, the winner of an ice region would gain 1 point, correct , because ice tokens have a "1" on them? the winner of a Cylerium region would gain 3 points (because cylerium tokens have 3s on them), right? in other words all round resource scoring tokens are not worth 1 point? they are worth 1 for an ice, 2 for a Sylvanite and 3 pts for a Cylerium, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
1) Destination markers are only for the Pilot, and for ships who have no destination printed.

2) Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Santos
Portugal
S. Domingos Rana
Cascais
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:
1) Destination markers are only for the Pilot, and for ships who have no destination printed.

Meaning that I can't never change a destination of a printed ship with the pilot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pilot can change the destination of any one ship.

If that ship already has a destination token on it, the pilot replaces that token with the one he desires.

If the ship doesn't have a destination token on it, the pilot just places his chosen destination token on a ship.

If a ship is "manually controlled" (no printed destination), the first player to place an astronaut on it chooses the the destination at that time (regardless of whether the player is the pilot in that turn). He or she does so by playing the desired destination token over the ship's blank space.

If the pilot is the first to place an astronaut on a manually controlled ship, there is no reason to use the pilot's special ability to choose the destination of that ship. The player already gets to choose the destination without using the pilot ability. The player can use the pilot ability to change the destination of another ship.

There is one limitation for both cases (manually controlled ship and those redirected by the pilot): there must be an available token for the desired destination. (The game comes with two tokens for each destination. If both are already in play, a different destination much be chosen. Destination tokens become available for use again after the ships they are on reach Mars.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.