Subject: Anyone in Tampa? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: florida [+] [View All]
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, anyone in the Tampa area into boardgames? I live in S Tampa, and my girlfriend and I play regularly, but we don't have many friends into it ... I'd love to meet some new people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I am in a very active group that plays in Tampa regularly. Most of our members live in the Clearwater area (near US19, just south of Palm Harbor and that general area)
I happen to live in Spring Hill and make the painful drive , but it is worth it! laugh Great bunch of gamers and usually there is at least one game night per week.
Check out the group website, and please, apply for membership. One of our moderators John Fade and Chris Marx will gladly put you in and you can join discussion, find a time slot and place that appeals to you.
In fact we are set to play tonight in Tampa....tempting, isn't it...?
surprise
Link below...
Hope to see you, or at least hear from you!
Justin

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/clearwater_boardgamers/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check out the Florida Suncoast Gamers. Meetings are held at the HobbyTown USA store in Regency Plaza in Brandon every Wednesday night (6PM til close) and the second Saturday of every month (10AM til close). More information can be found at:

http://floridasuncoastgamers.com

EDIT: Florida Suncoast Gamers now meets at Armada Games on 56th Street near the USF campus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, ok, that's cool ... I actually just stopped by there for the first time last weekend. Picked up a couple games laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clark
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
HI, im in the Tampa area...Port Richey to be exact. Im not currently part of a gaming group, but wouldnt mind changing that. Im mostly into minis, but have done some RPG in the past, would be up for maost anything at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!
I live in Spring Hill, so i am not too far from you!
We mostly game around the Tampa/Clearwater area...I know, the drive is a bitch for me...but worth it!
great bunch of guys, tons and tons of games and alot of laughs.
Only problem is, we tend not to play too much minis and RPG's are loved, but we just never seem to organize for that. We play mostly boardgames and some card games...
If you are still interested, head over to our group's page and join in on the discussion!

Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clark
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
still sounds cool. who knows maybe i can convert some people. i tend to collect large numbers of minis, so i play games with people who dont own any.that and im an addict, so ill collect minis i like even if i never play the game. i added myself to the yahoo group, just waiting for a confirmation, or whatever so i know im in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Van Wallendael
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a member of the Florida Suncoast Gamers that meet every Wednesday at Hobby Town in Brandon. We play from 6:00-9:00 PM and play mostly Eurogames. In addition, we have a large collection of Mayfair Games thanks to our local Mayfair Games representative. In addition, we have a Game Day on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 10 AM-Closing. We are a very diverse group and all are welcome! In addition, we have contacts of gamers that live across both the Bay area and Central Florida.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kukene
United States
Riverview
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey All.
I am in Riverview and will be trying out the Brandon group come Saturday. I used to play RPGs like Cyberpunk, D&D and AD&D. I currenty own Arkham Horror, Runebound, Lord of the Rings, and Axis and Alies. I have tried to bring my wife into the world or board games and computer MMORPGs with no luck. So, I hope that this groups works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayntampa wrote:
Hey, anyone in the Tampa area into boardgames? I live in S Tampa, and my girlfriend and I play regularly, but we don't have many friends into it ... I'd love to meet some new people

Jay,

Hi, we have a small group of people that meet in S Tampa on occasion. We do not have a set day or time we play as we usually just send out an email to see who is free.

If you are interested (or anyone else in Tampa), feel free to drop me a line.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian,

Do you play AT-43? Gret minis game from Rakham. My saturday night group just started playing it and we've fallen in love!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Griswold
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm new to the Spring Hill area and looking to get into some groups that play games such as Arkham Horror, Descent, Runebound, etc. Anyone interested or are there any groups like this already going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike, I live in Spring Hill also...and game very, very regularly. I have a shitload of stuff, including most/all of what you have listed. In fact, on Sat the 26th, a bunch from our group are headin up this way to my place for some hot gaming action!
J!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We game at my house on saturday nights. I used to go to the Games Days but my job now requires me to work on saturdays and I can't attend.

We play most of the FFG games here as well. Love 'em!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mac
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have interest in mini-gaming or want to meet some nice folks, also check of Silver Dragon Games in Tampa. I'm not associated with the store, but the owner always goes out of his way to be helpful. I think they're more RPG and minis, but they carry some good board games and if you call a day ahead of time he can order most anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am moving to Lithia (SE of Tampa) this summer. It looks like there is plenty of Eurogamers, but is there any wargamers or groups in the area?

I know its tough breaking into local groups--like its a secret society or something, especially since most wargamers have lots of personality. But just thought I would ask?

Cheers,

H6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Port Richey is basically dead in the middle of where I am and my ganing group; which is centered out of northern Clearwater.
I'll pm you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Brown
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just what I was looking for. I'm moving to Tampa next week. I'm actually starting the drive tomorrow, so I'll probably be off the geek until I get situated. I've been running a local games night in Santa Barbara, CA for over 3 years now. I'm very much into gaming (you can see a sampling of my collection and proclivities on my profile). I've applied to the yahoo group, and will definitely check out Armada games when I get into town.

My current top 10:
1) 18GA--A fairly generic 18XX (ala 1870) homebrew
2) Puerto Rico
3) Dune
4) Railroad Tycoon
5) Agricola
6) Brass--The new hotness, we'll see how it holds up
7) Dominion--as above
8) Power Grid
9) War of the Ring
10) Antike

I like a pretty diverse spread of games. I'm interested in minis and wargames as well.

Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that you found the Clearwater gamers list. While I've never gamed with them (just can't make it across the bay) they seem like a great group!

If you are looking for something more local, and smaller lemme know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any Tampa groups that play board games looking for new blood? I mostly play with the family now... but they're not always up for it.

I live in the Carrollwood area north of Tampa.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
Any Tampa groups that play board games looking for new blood? I mostly play with the family now... but they're not always up for it.

BOb

Bob, contact
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Stuffing Beavers for Over Thirty Years
mbmbmbmbmb
. He moderates our group.

Welcome and enjoy!

Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check out the Florida Suncoast Gamers. Meetings are held at the The Game Academy store near USF in Temple Terrace every Wednesday night (6PM til close) and the second Saturday of every month (12PM til close). Occasional Thursday night meetings are also held. More information can be found at:

http://floridasuncoastgamers.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I C
United States
Port Richey
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi all. Anyone in the west Pasco/Hernando area? Id prefer to meet some people relatively close to home. With work and family I dont really have time for frequent round trips to Tampa/St Pete.

Im mostly into mini games and RPGs. Dont really care for the euros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.. thanks guys. I put in request to join both of those mail list groups.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Val
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
pilotbob wrote:

BOb

Bob, contact
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Stuffing Beavers for Over Thirty Years
mbmbmbmbmb
. He moderates our group.

Welcome and enjoy!

Justin

Very useful info, thanks. I'll soon be visiting Tampa and have already contacted the group.

Hope we can do some gaming!

Dani

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.