Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that danged ol Scythe board extension isn't available for immediate purchase anywhere I can think to look. I see pre-orders, I see no stock.....but finding one that will deliver now is impossible.
Does anyone know where these are available now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We found a few copies among our replacement parts this weekend: https://shop.trycelery.com/page/474ecdd8-7dbb-4068-b1e9-4f5d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MM has got em too! Finally making there way around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this needed for the deluxe KS version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am buying one, I only have the standard version which has no extras. I am building my own "super scythe" one promo at a time. Got the expansion coming as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad: The board extension just makes the hexes on the board bigger. It isn't necessary for playing Scythe, but it is nice if you have a big game table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
msg tools
Wanted to grab one of those but looks like they're already sold out. Looking for the realistic resources too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p g
Greece
Agia Paraskevi
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Brad: The board extension just makes the hexes on the board bigger. It isn't necessary for playing Scythe, but it is nice if you have a big game table.

A REALLY big table, the default board is already a big one, plus you need space for the player pads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Buchanan
United States
Denton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
I can die fighting. I imagine it's easier the second time around.
mbmbmbmbmb
I kicked the Duchess, and it will fit, but we'll have some difficulty with the big one and player boards. It is 936mm x 818mm and my table won't be quite that big.

thanks for asking the question. It saves me some money so I don't buy it. Now I can spend that money on coins and other items - or more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info on availability of the realistic resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Top Shelf Gamer has them: https://www.topshelfgamer.com/collections/stonemaier-treasur...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey. Looks like all but the iron ingots are in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we're air mailing them some more from China, and they should receive them later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response(s). I'll hold off until they get them in stock, perhaps even today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Fleischel
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
What are the dimensions with the extension and without?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The board extension slides next to the back side of the standard game board, creating a complete board with 70% bigger hexes (the content is the same). All units and resources in Scythe are kept on the board, so the larger hexes provide more space. The standard game board is 624x818mm, and it grows to 818x939mm with this extension."

Also seen here: https://shop.trycelery.com/page/474ecdd8-7dbb-4068-b1e9-4f5d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Fleischel
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ O

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently in stock on coolstuffinc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For UK Try ebay. Saw a couple on there today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hajjir2 wrote:
Currently in stock on coolstuffinc

As of this morning, CSI is still showing 20+ available. They also have the expansion in stock. I ordered the expansion yesterday even though I don't own Scythe yet because I can't find it anywhere.

I have a feeling that once I receive the expansion, I may be staring at it for quite some time before I'm able to purchase the base game. Hopefully, CSI receives another shipment of Scythe very soon. I still haven't played the game, but since I have already bought the expansion, I guess I'm all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason: Thanks for buying the expansion before even getting the game. Currently we have quite a few copies of Scythe that are being reviewed for no apparent reason by US customs. They were originally supposed to arrive at our facility on December 9, but now we don't think they'll arrive any earlier than December 27 due to the random inspection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there isn't anything anybody can do about that, Jamey. I do appreciate the response though. At least I have a general timeframe of when I might be able to find it. If you don't expect them until 12/27, I wouldn't expect to see it anywhere before the first week of January.

In the meantime, I'll just read the expansion instruction manual over and over while I cry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

I finally found where I put the game and I find I already have the expansion board from my deluxe KS version. A warning for others who may not realize that.

A couple of hexes look a bit different from the picture on MM's site, but I think it is the same board.

They may have an extra one in stock soon if I can cancel my held order for just it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed the same board, Brad. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
It is indeed the same board, Brad. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. It wouldn't have been the first thing I bought twice (or even more).

I couldn't find the Scythe box anywhere when I looked, but I knew I had it. It turned out I had the idea of a black box in my head when it is brown, so I looked right past it until today.

Fortunately the board is all by itself on a held order at MM, so they should be able to keep and even resell it quickly, since it is now out of stock (and 40 cents more expensive).

Some may argue that I have too many games if I can't find a game quickly. They might be right....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.