Garden Competition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mulch - usefullness and rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After the first game today in which nobody bought mulch tiles as they are at least as expensive as flowers (if you buy the seeds, they are even more expensive) it seems just like an useless purchase, as plants cover up the same space and possibly score points. Did we miss something? In the rules it just says: mulch is used to block weeds.

Can I build 'a wall of mulch' on one side and really block the weeds and stop them from invading from my neighbors garden? Or is 'block' meant as 'they cover up a space that can no longer be occupied by weeds' (this is how we interpreted it}.

Can I build flowers over mulch tiles? (this would be an advantage compared to flowers...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nobody?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played, I don't think that any of us bought mulch. It can be placed in any light condition and can be rearranged so it might be a way to reserve weed-free space for something you can't get yet (and then rearrange again later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Matschinsky
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
Mulch blocks the free fields for weeds. And yes, you can build flowers over mulch tiles. Just change the tiles. But: If you have a 4 field mulch tile and a 2 field flower tile, you will not get back a 2 field mulch tile!
We start with weed in the first round in the players garden. Than you have really action! You need money and mulch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.