9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Impermanenism? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the latest update, the new philosophy is called "impermanenism". Is this a word that I don't know and can't find or is it a typo? and if so what do you think it is supposed to mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huger wrote:
In the latest update, the new philosophy is called "impermanenism". Is this a word that I don't know and can't find or is it a typo? and if so what do you think it is supposed to mean?

My guess is a word they made up to suggest the philosophy - "Impermanent"-ism. As in, something that is not permanent, will not last. Fits with the Zanbato theme. The Zanbato is a "frail" weapon that can break in some circumstances. I think this philosophy is about embracing frail and impermanent things
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Free
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's their 'philosophy term' abstraction of Impermanence - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impermanence

Basically, it's going to be survivors that believe that life is fleeting, so they either shouldn't be afraid of anything, or just live according to their whims. My thought is berserker warriors that rush into battle without a second thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huger wrote:
Pretty sure it is a derivation of "impermanence" as in not permanent. I don't think it is actually a word but you can imagine a philosophy based around impermanence could be called impermanenism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Free
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
Huger wrote:

My guess is a word they made up to suggest the philosophy - "Impermanent"-ism. As in, something that is not permanent, will not last. Fits with the Zanbato theme. The Zanbato is a "frail" weapon that can break in some circumstances. I think this philosophy is about embracing frail and impermanent things

This is also pretty good, I didn't think of the fact that the Zanbato was frail re-impermanence.

Huh, maybe they have the ability to repair/save frail gear from being destroyed? It does say that his zanbato repaired itself over and over...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So perhaps "Impermanencism" would be the correct way to spell it. I have trouble telling with a lot of the update posts, because typos are so common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Poots is extremely typo prone. I don't think there's a single line in the entire KS that doesn't have a typo. This is likely just another typographical error as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I wonder if it's essentially wabi-sabi, or perhaps the Buddhist doctrine of impermanence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wabi-sabi seems to be too bright for the world of KD. Some gloominess will fit better.

emmit svenson wrote:
I wonder if it's essentially wabi-sabi, or perhaps the Buddhist doctrine of impermanence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.