Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last sentence on Lockdown's card still confuses me: "This does not occur when Lockdown is revealed, face up."

When would he ever not be revealed "face up?" What would revealed "face down" look like?

Also, when the ability causes VENOM leaders to be shuffled and placed face down on locations, does this mean that any global effects (e.g., VENOM Commander) do not occur while they are face down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
The last sentence on Lockdown's card still confuses me: "This does not occur when Lockdown is revealed, face up."

When would he ever not be revealed "face up?" What would revealed "face down" look like?

Also, when the ability causes VENOM leaders to be shuffled and placed face down on locations, does this mean that any global effects (e.g., VENOM Commander) do not occur while they are face down?

Asked a simular question, my answer was when he comes out he just shuffles up al leaders and puts them out normal.

The rest of the text on the card has to do with a specific mission where he is used.

That's about what I got as answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul - If Lockdown is in the starting deck of Venom Leaders for the mission, he will enter play 'face up' in the majority of cases at the very start of the game. So that's why it does not occur... as it'd be a little crazy to rejig all Venom Leaders immediately again!

He is definitely NOT revealed face up in the mission 'Prisoners of Venom' as he, along with 13 other random Venom Leaders are selected and enter the game face-down... as part of the thematic scenario. And only revealed when a player opts to attack them in their zone. So in that case, Lockdown would indeed eventually be revealed face down. And his effect takes place (eg: cause carnage by reshuffling all leaders and placing them again, but face down)

This might also happen with other card effects or missions - but that is the one I know of. Hopefully Michael or Jeff can confirm.

But I love that effect - it's so cool and interesting. But at the same time, so damn tricky!

Ta, Steve.

PS: Oh and as you wouldn't see who is who on what space, then I'd say any Global effects will not occur face down - as how would you know? Makes it more like Russian roulette... especially if you've remembered some of the tough global effects and Venom Leaders that were out there before the reshuffle and being placed face down again! Oooh I love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:

That last part of the text refers to a situation where for any reason Lock Down is face down (one mission has all leaders start this way, and for future missions) if he is flipped face up his power will not trigger. He only triggers this power when you would place them from the deck.

Correct Global Effects are only use when they are face up, so if you should know VENOM Commander is on the board but face down this power won't enact till he is turned face up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks.

VENOM Commander is now my number one hated enemy, especially early in the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zouave wrote:
Got it, thanks.

VENOM Commander is now my number one hated enemy, especially early in the game!

LOL try having him out with El Guapo and Octavia that is a real party!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spyglassgames wrote:
Zouave wrote:

That last part of the text refers to a situation where for any reason Lock Down is face down (one mission has all leaders start this way, and for future missions) if he is flipped face up his power will not trigger. He only triggers this power when you would place them from the deck.

Correct Global Effects are only use when they are face up, so if you should know VENOM Commander is on the board but face down this power won't enact till he is turned face up.

So i Beat a leader and lockdown replaced him, her Enters Play from the deck Face up. That means bis ability Triggers. That actually helped me Cause now i don't have those nasty global effects.

Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct, when ever she enters play face up you take up all the current leaders shuffle them and replace them. This can be boon or a negative because now you know longer know who you are taking on. This can lead to games being lost. An example if you choose a leader to fight and it is Vipress so now you are drawing more event cards which could cost the game or you can't find that leader you need to complete the mission to win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.