Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is a kid's game after all, so you would think that adults playing it would not find it too challenging to beat the time limit.

We remove the rule that players can use the robot to transfer tools between each other - if you have the tool then you have to get to the room to disarm the booby trap.

In doing this we assume the agents have communication between them, so when an agent uncovers a booby trap they are able to alert the other agents to what is required.

The robot stays in the central room until required and must then be collected by an agent and taken where necessary.

This simple change usually brings the game down to the last few minutes (and often beyond).

A variant we play to the variant for newer players is to allow the agents to swap tools if they pass each other in the corridor (or meet in jail). This is something that is a likely occurence if the scenario was real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Knight
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite what I was thinking of as an "Adults Only" rule change. You got my curiosity up, but nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I play this with my kids, and we've gotten to where we win almost every time with the 15 minute limit. This might make things more interesting. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And you managed to win with this variant?
After 15 minutes with this variant we managed to only get a single key..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We played last night for the first time. It was myself and my two kids (8 and 6). They had a blast! We won with two min to spare and used the robot only as an additional card in my daughter's hand. This is a fun little game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.