Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know the KS is currently most of the discussion but am I the only person who has their fingers crossed that we'll see some more news about things like Kingdom Death Labyrinth and the other side projcts mentioned in the past post kickstarter? There's so much potential that it makes me giddy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
I agree. As much as I'm interested in KDM and look forward to playing it, I am also convinced that something like Kingdom Death Labyrinth could be even better if it focuses more on individual characters rather than a settlement where frequent death makes it hard to get too attached to anyone.

I'm thinking of a game that would be sort of a board game version of the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale video games. Sort of like Descent, but with Pathfinder level character progression along with KDM art and miniatures.

Of course even if Poots decided to create such a game, it probably wouldn't see the light of day for another 5+ years given his current commitment to (and success with) KDM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liquidus
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I like what I see in the KDM universe and would love to see it expanded into other game types. I would also like it to keep it's MA rating while doing so. But I think it could be a long while before we see anything else in the KD universe that isn't KDM related.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jpauljohnson wrote:
I agree. As much as I'm interested in KDM and look forward to playing it, I am also convinced that something like Kingdom Death Labyrinth could be even better if it focuses more on individual characters rather than a settlement where frequent death makes it hard to get too attached to anyone.

I'm thinking of a game that would be sort of a board game version of the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale video games. Sort of like Descent, but with Pathfinder level character progression along with KDM art and miniatures.

Of course even if Poots decided to create such a game, it probably wouldn't see the light of day for another 5+ years given his current commitment to (and success with) KDM.

I'm not sure if "better" is right word because there're already tonnes of character building dungeon crawlers out there like Descent. To me settlement development is really the main attraction of the game because it feels natural that characters die. It's just another genre in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I designed a game that i could retheme as a KD game.

Basically you would control a group of white speakers who have to track down and kill various monsters, pariah etc. Game was already completely designed but has a lovecraftian theme. I could retheme it and call it Kingdom Death Destiny and shop it to my lord and savior Poots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sixpintsofbitter wrote:
jpauljohnson wrote:

I'm not sure if "better" is right word because there're already tonnes of character building dungeon crawlers out there like Descent. To me settlement development is really the main attraction of the game because it feels natural that characters die. It's just another genre in my opinion.

I think that KD:L could involve settlement development though, you'll probably be building up something like a great city instead though and choosing different things than KDM settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Rhein-Main-Gebiet
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoltzy92 wrote:

Kingdom Death Wars anyone?

thumbsup I love the idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling that Adam is going to have his hands incredibly full for the next two years dealing with KDM-1.5. Quite a few things he is offering in this KS project are in the development stages only. By the time this project is complete, perhaps then he can start thinking about new projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll be following Poots into whatever his next project is.

Doubt we'll know for quite a while though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stoltzy92 wrote:
I would love to see the world expanded more through other games. I remember hearing about him planning a card game that pulled back the view of Greater Entity (or some similar terms).

and while a card game isn't a bad idea by itself I think he could take a different kind of game to draw from.

Kingdom Death Wars anyone?

Kingdom Death Hero. Doesn't actually need a whole lot of development, you just use the settlement cards in the same way you do Rhino Hero, then replace the Rhino with a White Lion ....

One Night Ultimate Kingdom Death. It's kinda like the werewolf version, except the dead survivors are trying to figure out which one actually survived the night.

Personally my favourite would be Ticket to Death. It's basically ticket to ride, but we keep the same artists for the train sculpts ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he needs some quick cash he could always release Kingdom Death: Love Letter and Kingdom Death: Munchkin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fallen wrote:
If he needs some quick cash he could always release Kingdom Death: Love Letter and Kingdom Death: Munchkin.

Booo! Keep Kingdom Death away from the mass media meatgrinders!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.