Subject: Tide of Iron offically on shelves in the US!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loren
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it finally has made its way to all of us patient geeks here in the U.S.

From FFGs products page:

The Time is Now!
Attention! This is not a drill!

Tide of Iron has been sighted on US store shelves. Repeat: Tide of Iron is now available from stores nationwide and from FFG's online store. This is not a drill. Prepare for intense WWII squad-based tactical action

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/tideofiron.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Except it's not...at least in Las Vegas nobody's got it and none of the hobby/comic stores I checked with (oh, that means the three locations here that any games at all....) had even heard of it! The Great Salt Gaming Desert, indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sold out in all the Los Angeles stores I've called also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from Fantasy Flight on Friday. All I can say is, wow. Great components. I give it an 8, just for the bits. And the boards, which I think are made of clipboard material rather than cardboard. I bet a few of those stacked together would stop a bullet.

I was a little surprised that all the plastic bits were thrown together in two 4"x6" plastic bags. The bits are small enough that all the pieces from each army fit in one of the bags.

I agree that fully inserting the figures in the bases is difficult, possibly not necessary to push them all the way in, and they seem too small to paint without a light and magnifying glass. They're about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of your average D&D miniature, but functional.

The regulars have the rifle pointed from the shoulder, the elites have the rifle pointed from the hip, and the officers have it slung over the shoulder and are carrying binoculars. Some of the trucks are kind of bowed up in the middle, but it would not affect placing them on a flat surface.

I bought some plastic tackle boxes to store the pieces and the many cardboard tokens. I had to take out the printed larger cardboard insert but I kept the plain brown cardboard insert as a middle container for the inside of the box. I keep the boards in that. I may get individual plastic sleeves for the boards to prevent them rubbing against each other; they are so heavy and stiff they might damage the surface from friction or sliding around.

Probably going to laminate the player aid sheets, which were a nice addition. Looking forward to future expansions and the upcoming scenario editor. Probably get to play it next week. Looks fantastic so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akiva
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and snagged one of the five copies that appeared in the Puget Sound area (there may have been more but this store received five only). I just got home, just about to take the shrink wrap off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Marzinske
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's out; I bought a copy on Friday at a local game store. The downside is that it was the only copy they had, and word on the street is that it's available in -very- limited quantities.

I haven't played it yet, but opening the box and seeing the game for the first time was very impressive. I'm really looking forward to playing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soulis6 wrote:
Looks like it finally has made its way to all of us patient geeks here in the U.S.

From FFGs products page:

The Time is Now!
Attention! This is not a drill!

Tide of Iron has been sighted on US store shelves. Repeat: Tide of Iron is now available from stores nationwide and from FFG's online store. This is not a drill. Prepare for intense WWII squad-based tactical action

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/tideofiron.html

Unfortunately all of this took place in some alternate universe version of the U.S....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guttedgeek
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I even saw a copy of the game all the way down here in New Zealand at our FLGS "All Aboard". Amazed and VERY tempted...but ultimately left with nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's on it's way from boardsandbits.com. I should have it Tuesday according to FedEx.

Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hom
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Yeah, I had to drive about 35 miles from my house to pick up a copy. Luckily, I got off work at 3:00pm. I called a few of the games stores that I stop by sometimes. It took me about 1:10 to get there but I think it was well worth me time and effort. Also unfortunately, there was only one copy of the game at the store and I arrived while the store owner was opening up his shipment of games. And if you want to know, I do live in the So cal. area.

MKhom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jglasson wrote:
Mine's on it's way from boardsandbits.com. I should have it Tuesday according to FedEx.

Can't wait!

They dont seem to even have it listed on their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hiatt
United States
OFallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woot...my order is in the Funagain warehouse ready for shipment. SO if it ships tomorrow, FedEx ground, I guess that could show up on Monday...and maybe Friday if I am lucky.

Though given the history, it wont arrive until mid august.

jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brugato
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
Nullum gratuitum prandium.
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo hoo! I have a Fedex tracking number from Funagain. I'm tracking it as it makes its way up the I-5 corridor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a good deal on Ebay. Funagain costs as much (with shipping) as my FLGS with shopping mall prices.
Oh well at least they have it.

Ebay seller's shipping was only 2 bucks via GOAB shipping.

Guy On A Bike blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up my copy from my FLGS today... Supposedly they got 8 or 10 copies in a few days ago and I bought the last one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reynolds
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased mine from Time Well Spent, where it has been arriving in limited quantities over the last week or so. As soon as I got the notice it was back in stock (4 copies I think), I went right over there and purchased it. Price was excellent, and I have always had good service from them (not to mention they are in my state). Put yourself on their notification list if you want a decent priced copy. I just can't pay $80 at the LGS when I can order it and get it shipped in a day at $65.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.