Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've posted two images here on BGG, at this publishers page. So please click on 'Modiano", and take a look at the images.

I purchased this almost 2 years ago. The cards are labeled "Modiano, Trieste, 1943." I would like to know if this is just a general card or gambling kit, or if it was made for a specific card game. This contains two decks of cards, 5 dice, pad and pencil, and 5 wooden cubes each containing 3 stacks of different sized and shaped "chits". The box itself is also wooden, which made me think that maybe this was a homemade item. But the transparent lid is of plastic, which convinces me that this is a manufactured item. And I'm perplexed that in the middle of of a war (WWII) that wasn't going so well, an Italian firm would even be making such an item.

Modiano has not replied to any of my numerous emails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't know for sure but it looks like a general gambling kit - similar to the Poker cases that are popular today. Cards, dice, score pad, and those "chits" seem like poker chips. I was in Spain for a year and picked up a set of Poker chips that looked just like that: shiny thin plastic that was circular and rectangular shaped.

That's all I can contribute to the class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
To save all the clicking, here are the images:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.