Hide
10 Posts

Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused about enchantments/buffs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joey Relf
msg tools
So had my first play through with a friend last night and most of the rules i was confused about due to weird wording seemed to have been answered in these forums but I do still have a few rules Im not sure about.

I was playing the white army and I found his strats to be mainly buff your units as much as possible, can I stack multiple enchantments for cards that are permanent on say one squad, so use for example a card that gives them +1 attach and another card on the same squad that gives +2 attack for a total of +3? I know you can stack multiple hidden ones right? and the trigger in a certain order?

And my friend was playing the black army and she had random enchantments that simply said -1 to attack i think it was called despise but didnt say anything about who it can be used on, is this an attack card or is there some weird ability where she would want to debuff her own stats?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frostykilz wrote:
So had my first play through with a friend last night and most of the rules i was confused about due to weird wording seemed to have been answered in these forums but I do still have a few rules Im not sure about.

I was playing the white army and I found his strats to be mainly buff your units as much as possible, can I stack multiple enchantments for cards that are permanent on say one squad, so use for example a card that gives them +1 attach and another card on the same squad that gives +2 attack for a total of +3? I know you can stack multiple hidden ones right? and the trigger in a certain order?

And my friend was playing the black army and she had random enchantments that simply said -1 to attack i think it was called despise but didnt say anything about who it can be used on, is this an attack card or is there some weird ability where she would want to debuff her own stats?

Thanks in advance

Cards that are played onto other Army cards are called enchantments and, yes you can have multiple on the same army.
The card you refer to is despise, and it's an enchantement. More specifically it's an enchant Planeswalker card that you need to play, i.e. attach to a Planeswalker Army card. In this case preferably not your own Planeswalker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, I am getting back into the game and confused by enchantments also.

In a game I was playing on duels.

I played a card that allowed me to take control of a powerful angel he had in his graveyard.

Didn't last long as he played a cleric card or something that basically captured the angel as long as the cleric was on the table.

I killed the cleric thinking I would get the angel back but instead he came back on the other side of the table untapped and ready to go!

So what happened to my enchantment? I am guessing when he tucked the angel under the cleric it went away? if so, why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:
Thanks for posting this, I am getting back into the game and confused by enchantments also.

In a game I was playing on duels.

I played a card that allowed me to take control of a powerful angel he had in his graveyard.

Didn't last long as he played a cleric card or something that basically captured the angel as long as the cleric was on the table.

I killed the cleric thinking I would get the angel back but instead he came back on the other side of the table untapped and ready to go!

So what happened to my enchantment? I am guessing when he tucked the angel under the cleric it went away? if so, why?

Haven't played in a while but I'm pretty sure an enchantement stays on the army card until the army card is moved to the graveyard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Relf
msg tools
Ah ok thanks very much, I did watch a few play throughs and I saw a team could be effected by buffs that they were included in by other cards for example my squad had a +1 attach enchantment but my planeswalkers buff also gave them + something if they were not harmed but Iv not seen anyone put more than one buff card down on one particular squad, it made snese to be able to rack up hidden ones as although it would be powerful it would only be normally for one turn but for permanent ones it left me wondering if there was a limit to how many permanent buff cards you could play on one squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Relf
msg tools
actually just to clarify when you say army do you mean the team colour as a whole, I was wondering if there's a limit to enchantments per individual squad so multiple enchantment cards on for example the hell fire cats, it dosnt seem to get mentioned on in the instructions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Army Card" is the technical name for the cards associated with each squad (or planeswalker). The answer is, yes, each squad may have multiple enchantments played on their army card and receive benefits from every enchantment on their army card.

Hope that clarifies things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Relf
msg tools
Yeah thats great thanks very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
how does range work with spells? is it infinite or planeswalker range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no restricted range unless the card specifically says there is. For example, Incinerate says, "Deal 3 damage to target creatures adjacent to a red Planeswalker you control."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.