Hide
8 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » General

Subject: Two vs 4 players. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Askjær
msg tools
Played 6 or 7 games sofar. All games with the starting setup vs rageborn.
2-3 first games was to learn the ropes. Lost first one, won one of the latter ones.

In our 4 player games it seemed alot harder. Used the suggested starting setup, but never got him below 20 life. We tried like 3-4 times, is anyone else noticing the same thing ?.

Will definately try vs other nemesis types, since I hear the gameplay is vastly different, it might be that some of them are more suited vs 4.

A small sidenote, we did change one breachmage as the mage who cancels nemesis cards seems ok powerfull, but quite boring for the person playing him. Both his unique card and his ability benefit the team only, but does not give him any personal decision making. You usually decide as a team what cards to cancel. And when i played him, I usually just asked who wanted to draw and discarded, since he cannot choose himself it's not much of a decision for the guy playing him.

All in all this game is freaking awesome though. I know I'm only talking about the negative points in this post. But if I was to write about all the positives I would never be done. Best deckbuilder I have ever played and i own most of them.

I'm the hugest deckbuilder and coop fan. But everyone playing had a blast, even when loosing. And we would have kept going, if our host had not gotten abit under the weather(non-game related). She even insisted on an extra game after she had called last round, cause we lost quite fast .

A big thank you to the designer (oh oh oh and the combination of story and art is awesome!). Knew this was gonna be great, when I saw it on kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Korkrest wrote:
Played 6 or 7 games sofar. All games with the starting setup vs rageborn.
2-3 first games was to learn the ropes. Lost first one, won one of the latter ones.

In our 4 player games it seemed alot harder. Used the suggested starting setup, but never got him below 20 life. We tried like 3-4 times, is anyone else noticing the same thing ?.

Will definately try vs other nemesis types, since I hear the gameplay is vastly different, it might be that some of them are more suited vs 4.

A small sidenote, we did change one breachmage as the mage who cancels nemesis cards seems ok powerfull, but quite boring for the person playing him. Both his unique card and his ability benefit the team only, but does not give him any personal decision making. You usually decide as a team what cards to cancel. And when i played him, I usually just asked who wanted to draw and discarded, since he cannot choose himself it's not much of a decision for the guy playing him.

All in all this game is freaking awesome though. I know I'm only talking about the negative points in this post. But if I was to write about all the positives I would never be done. Best deckbuilder I have ever played and i own most of them.

I'm the hugest deckbuilder and coop fan. But everyone playing had a blast, even when loosing. And we would have kept going, if our host had not gotten abit under the weather(non-game related). She even insisted on an extra game after she had called last round, cause we lost quite fast .

A big thank you to the designer (oh oh oh and the combination of story and art is awesome!). Knew this was gonna be great, when I saw it on kickstarter

Because each player count emphasizes slightly different parts of the game, some mages/cards will be better at different player counts. We've also observed that 4 players tends to be a tad harder than 2/3 players in general.

Glad you're enjoying the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that usually 4p feels harder because your deck isn't as good since you aren't taking as many turns as you would in a 2p game. But, even though your deck isn't as good, the game may not necessarily be harder because you have different strengths in 4p than in 2p: higher variety of unique mage cards, mage abilities, more life, ane more cards in hand/prepped spells when the nemesis makes you discard these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Landry
Canada
St Lazare
QC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Played the starter mission twice now using the "out of box" setup for intro game.

Both times we won by surviving/out lasting the Rageborn's deck.

This is a fun little game - look forward to adding the random market aspect to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guillemette
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how we won as well, though we did get him down to about 10 HP by the end. I found that the cards available did not hit very hard in either of the suggested starter decks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
our group also started to feel that the game does not scale very well. if you play 2 players, most of the times you have an easier game. some nemesis seem to be unbeatable with four players (blight lord for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Minnen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 4 player game last evening with the starter setup and we won by defeating Rageborne (life to 0).
We never felt it was that difficult. Everybody had more than 6 lifes by the end.
Just use your personal skills very wise, it helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Askjær
msg tools
Feed back some time later.

Appears we were playing on brutal mode. One of the videos of the game i watched. (either Rahdo or Vasel) activated powers on nemesis cards everytime he removed a token, and I did not pick up on it speed reading the rules again.

Anyways someone in my playgroup was reading through the manual and we realised that this was incorrect. Now when we play we win some and loose some, playing with random draft breachmages (get 2 at random, choose one).

Difficulty seems more spot on now. Who would have thought actually playing according to the rules was a good idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.