Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Played a Hard 5 player Multi-Operation last night.

1 - If you hit a Gas Barrel with a stealth weapon and the Gas kills a bunch of Germans, can you be revealed by that shot if they drop the Eyeball token?

2 - Will Germans Deploy and move right into Gas (and die)?

3 - When one German moves a cardinal direction and there are two areas in that direction do the players choose his destination?

4 - If a Event hits a location and there are multiple valid targets do the players always choose?

5 - If a German moves into a Goliath station do the Goliath's move immediately that movement phase or does there need to be a German manning that station at the start of the phase.

Here's a game changer questions we had

6 - Can the Commando's use the same gear or MG nests on the same turn?
Is there anything to prevent every character from jumping in and out of the same MG nest and firing it 15 times in the same turn? Or using a MG42 gear token and then dropping it and another player picking it up and firing it as well on the same turn?

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CptBlood wrote:
Played a Hard 5 player Multi-Operation last night.
You lucky person! I have still only played solo. Almost got to play it with my wife ever the weekend, but she saw Project: ELITE and wanted to kill some aliens instead.

I am not an expert on the rules but I believe my answers are correct.

CptBlood wrote:
1 - If you hit a Gas Barrel with a stealth weapon and the Gas kills a bunch of Germans, can you be revealed by that shot if they drop the Eyeball token?
Yes. The eyeballs represent bad luck.

CptBlood wrote:
Yes. I seem to recall this already being asked and answered elsewhere.

CptBlood wrote:
3 - When one German moves a cardinal direction and there are two areas in that direction do the players choose his destination?
Yes, if they are equal priority. If one has a higher priority, then no.

CptBlood wrote:
4 - If a Event hits a location and there are multiple valid targets do the players always choose?
Yes. Just like #3.

CptBlood wrote:
5 - If a German moves into a Goliath station do the Goliath's move immediately that movement phase or does there need to be a German manning that station at the start of the phase.
I believe it has to be manned. Unfortunately I am just guessing here. Sorry.

CptBlood wrote:
Here's a game changer questions we had

Is there anything to prevent every character from jumping in and out of the same MG nest and firing it 15 times in the same turn? Or using a MG42 gear token and then dropping it and another player picking it up and firing it as well on the same turn?
There is that little box around the dice that prevents this. It is in the rules for shooting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
regarding the goliath, I'd say it has to be manned. the logic would be the case from the base rulebook where a commando gets spotted mid-enemy movement: the rules say that movement is determined at the start of the phase, not dynamically adjusted mid-execution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
CptBlood wrote:

I understood this a bit differently. I didn't think you drew for any loot until you were finished with eliminating all the enemies from the action you took. So in this case you would eliminate all enemies without gas masks in the area immediately from the poison gas. Then you would draw for loot. I believe the eyeball token would only make you visible if there happened to be at least one enemy with a gas mask still present (thematically the survivor saw where the shot came from and spotted you).

I'm sorry if this is what you meant by your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
CptBlood wrote:

Only if some enemy units are still alive on the tile after removing all the eliminated ones.

martimer wrote:
CptBlood wrote:
Yes. I seem to recall this already being asked and answered elsewhere.
Yes. FAQ: https://v-commandos.com/pages/faq

martimer wrote:
CptBlood wrote:
Yes, if they are equal priority. If one has a higher priority, then no.
Yes, if they are equal distance to their destination target / tile.

martimer wrote:
CptBlood wrote:
Yes. Just like #3.
Correct

martimer wrote:
CptBlood wrote:
I believe it has to be manned. Unfortunately I am just guessing here. Sorry.
The enemies act simultaneously during each of the enemy steps. If an enemy unit enters an empty Goliath nest during the enemy movement step, the Goliaths on this terrain do not move during this step (they were not activated when this step began because there was nobody in the nest). But any Goliath can explode during enemy shooting step (now that there is an enemy unit in the nest) if it is on the same tile as a visible commando. (added to the FAQ, thanks for the question!).

martimer wrote:
CptBlood wrote:
There is that little box around the dice that prevents this. It is in the rules for shooting.
Yes, p.20
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HooRAY!! I got them right! I think I understand this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.