Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So - over the holidays I'm planning to test Cooperative mode using the Shadow Conspiracy variant. I'd also like to get some testing in on Shadow Conspiracy with Mercury Protocol.

Any have any solo play thoughts on Mercury Protocol especially as they might relate to cooperative mode?

Also, TDM, I'm definitely planning to make Shadow Con the official solo and co-op rules in the next release. Hope you don't mind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my opinion of course, but TDM's Shadow Conspiracy (as written) won't work with Mercury Protocol. The player has too many opportunities to score points. The AI can't keep up.

Either way, still super excited for the release of MP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to what you and Mr. B Games do with MP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - Shadow Con as is will not work when using MP. However, I'm thinking a few minor tweaks might make it completely playable, challenging and fun.

How about these ideas:
The Shadow Con AI moves from Location to Location. It snatches up a cargo at each Location. It scores points for each cargo at the game's end and gets extra points if it has the most of any color?

We could also try a "pirate" style where The AI could steal from a player if they ended up at the same location as a player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
So, sort of like this?

Mercury Protocol - Solo Playtesting and Discussion (OLD - 2016 version)

whistle

Perhaps it's more complex than you're looking for, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect Mo!
I'm a little behind on my reading over there but I'll get on that asap Great work there, guys!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So
Shadow con 2player cooperative works pretty well. The problem is that it uses basically all of the events so it can't go more than 2player. Anyone had any thoughts on this subject?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.