Popular Tags: [View All]
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this is my bad for not assembling this stuff but is this the same pinups of death or a new version thereof? I guess it's time to go back through order histories to make sure I'm not buying things 2x.

Also am I correct that due to the current scope of the project Poots has had to cut off the gamblers lanterns due to the economics of things?

Edit: looks to my eyes like new/different art, same minis, and 2 extra cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 sets of these, one that was released with the Strange Spot event and some archetypes; another set of armor from the 1st KS that previously had no rules. This is adding rules to the 2nd.

...And yet again teaches people not to buy KD models without content, because then they'll get re-bundled with content and the old ones won't be desirable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
...And yet again teaches people not to buy KD models without content, because then they'll get re-bundled with content and the old ones won't be desirable.

Yup! That's my hard and fast rule too, saves a lot of heartache later on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
spiralingcadaver wrote:

Yup! That's my hard and fast rule too, saves a lot of heartache later on

Its the policy I've mostly been keeping to. I've made some exceptions because I actually use some of the minis outside of KDM. They make great D&D pieces - mainly butcher, berserker, and several knights. As for this pinup set, what are the 2 misc armor pieces? I'm fairly sure I got strange spot & the gender belt the last go around with the pinups but I can't recall what the other 2 items could be aside from lanterns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
As for this pinup set, what are the 2 misc armor pieces? I'm fairly sure I got strange spot & the gender belt the last go around with the pinups but I can't recall what the other 2 items could be aside from lanterns.

Oh, no no, these are not the same pinups as Pinups of Death Series 1. Those were things like Architect, White Speaker, etc.

THIS is Pinups of Death Series 2, which is a completely different set of pinups that first debuted individually in the first Kickstarter campaign. So the cards and gear they come with will be new as well.

And yes due to economies of the project, he has cut off the Gambler's pledges entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For clarification, here are the pinups included in series 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the regen suit pinup already in one of the other expansions? Gorm maybe? I swear I have one around here some where. I'm sad about the added cards. I aleady picked up PD mk. 1 just for the strange spot promos. I'm not excited about getting doubles of models I already have to get the promos here. This is also the second new gameplay thing that isn't included in the 777 pledge. *sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
FOR REFERENCE: Poots just came in the chatbox to say that the game content added to the Pinups of Death 2 are going to be made available as a purchase option independently of the box. What does this mean? You will not be forced to buy the pinups to get the content.

At least, that is how I think we can interpret him. He's a bit confusing at times.

EDIT: The game content only for the pinups will be available as a single price add on through the pledge. Poots will hopefully confirm in a future update what that price will be.

Edit 2: Poots' comments from the box: CRAP. I FORGOT TO MENTION IN THE UPDATE. WE WILL TOTALLY MAKE THE SERIES 2 PINUP COLLECTION CARDS AVAILABLE. SORRY!

They pinups were sent out with the character cards, but the event and gear cards are newly developed content. Regardless, we make them available. So that people with the entire set already won't miss out / need to rebuy it.

i need to run some numbers, but if its just the game-related cards. not much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:
FOR REFERENCE: Poots just came in the chatbox to say that the game content added to the Pinups of Death 2 are going to be made available as a purchase option independently of the box. What does this mean? You will not be forced to buy the pinups to get the content.

At least, that is how I think we can interpret him. He's a bit confusing at times.

EDIT: The game content only for the pinups will be available as a single price add on through the pledge. Poots will hopefully confirm in a future update what that price will be.

HAH! I sent him this EXACT question through a Kickstarter message when he posted the update, must have made him realize he forgot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Pinups are separate content that are never included with monsters. Any game content that comes with a pinup are specifically limited to that pin up.

Gorm does not include the regen pin up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:
Awesome. Well, at least he seems pretty consistent about that with things already released in plastic. Hope that's just bundled with the rest of the KS1 promos that haven't gotten cards.

I always get kind of irritated about that, but so far he's been good about it, even if it's not immediately available or communicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:
Gorm does not include the regen pin up.
At least the KS box did, IDK if they dropped it subsequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my regen suit with the gorm. Thanks for the info on getting content separately. GG for sifting through his comments. I really wish KS had a better system so stuff didn't get lost like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The boxed Gorm expansion always came with the regen suit pinup. Can't look it up now because site is borked, though.

edit - Wayback to the rescue:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160522233415/http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/in-stock/products/gorm-expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Gorm boxes that shipped both from the original Kickstarter and bought 'retail' from the store included the regen suit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.