Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unit Placement Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that each player takes their turn to place one unit in an event box until they are finished with all their available units. THis makes sense in most of the events, except how about Discovery Box. If you plan to put 1 captain, 1 soldier, and 1 colonist into the discover box do you have to place one at a time, or can you just go ahead and place all 3 at once, since it doesn't matter who placed first or second as it does with other boxes. It seems silly to put down one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galactic Doug
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's all a matter of turns that your opponenets do not know what you are going to do with. If you have the above 3 figures and your opponent also has three they might make different choices based on where you place your units. IMHO

GD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galactic Doug wrote:
It's all a matter of turns that your opponenets do not know what you are going to do with. If you have the above 3 figures and your opponent also has three they might make different choices based on where you place your units. IMHO

GD

That is right. I think one would be giving away an advantage by placing more than 1 figure into the discovery box at a time. If your opponent knows you have no more figures left to place, he knows exactly how many he needs to put in, say, the merchant box to claim the merchant ship, or knows you have nothing to put into a warfare box and so he's safe there, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should play more then one game before making an assumption to strategy. I agree with the opinions here that it is best to place one by one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree, although it rarely seems to matter and it does somehow feel a little more natural just to dump the remaining dudes in the discovery box and drop out and go get a quick drink or snack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.