Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have the Math Trade posted momentarily.

...Ok, it's up at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/22034
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Discussion Thread for On A Scale Of One To Ten MATH TRAD
The description says that the summary will be posted on April 8. I think you probably meant June 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, because I went nuts in the last math trade and had to ship 6 games, I'm only going to post one game for trade.
I'll let the users select which one. Following is the list of possibles with the rating I'll use for each game.

RoboRally 2nd edition (WotC w/zinc figures) + RoboRally - Armed & Dangerous expansion 11 (ok, 10, but it better be a good 10, like Chinatown or a Mayfair Cosmic)
or conversely I could list them separately in which case RoboRally would be an 8 and Armed & Dangerous a 10

Betrayal at House on the Hill 7

Return of the Heroes + Under the Shadow of the Dragon 8.5
12 Caesars + Tyrus 6

Hey, if there's no interest in any of them, maybe I'll skip this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. H.
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be possible to use JeffyJeff's amazing tool for submitting wants? If the tool will be availible and will spit out a final list in the proper format (ie. I can use the tool, generate my list from it and then cut and paste that to send it in) I'd love to be part of the math trade (especially this one as the 1 to 10 self-rating aspect is very interesting!) But I have just become so spoiled by the ease of the wonderful want-list generator, I cannot imagine producing a list by hand ever again.

Either way, thanks for running a math trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rokkr wrote:
Ok, because I went nuts in the last math trade and had to ship 6 games, I'm only going to post one game for trade.
I'll let the users select which one. Following is the list of possibles with the rating I'll use for each game.

RoboRally 2nd edition (WotC w/zinc figures) + RoboRally - Armed & Dangerous expansion 11 (ok, 10, but it better be a good 10, like Chinatown or a Mayfair Cosmic)
or conversely I could list them separately in which case RoboRally would be an 8 and Armed & Dangerous a 10

Betrayal at House on the Hill 7

Return of the Heroes + Under the Shadow of the Dragon 8.5
12 Caesars + Tyrus 6

Hey, if there's no interest in any of them, maybe I'll skip this one.

I'd have voted for RoboRally or Betrayal, but given that they'll be in my collection soon, I'll abstain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in most of the above, so whichever you want to post, they'll likely be on most of my Want Lists (if not all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd vote for Armed and Dangerous, but something tells me you won't find something you want to trade it for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roborally so I can snatch it up ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

12 Caesars + Tyrus 6

I'm interested, specifically because of Tyrus. I know nothing of this "12 Caesars".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyfrgi wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

12 Caesars + Tyrus 6

I'm interested, specifically because of Tyrus. I know nothing of this "12 Caesars".

I lied and put up 3 items, one with a sweetener.
Tyrus is up all on it's own. I paired Twelve Caesars with The Testimony of Jacob Hollow since they're both card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what's the significance of the Value Ratings? Are we just trying to see if someone walks off like a bandit (Bohnanza for Wacht am Rhein)? Or will the games be segregated so that similar-value items are traded amongst themselves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
So, what's the significance of the Value Ratings? Are we just trying to see if someone walks off like a bandit (Bohnanza for Wacht am Rhein)? Or will the games be segregated so that similar-value items are traded amongst themselves?

It's just a pasted on theme. The values we're giving our games are subjective.
This is a standard math trade. In other words, sure, someone may want to trade off their copy of Roads & Boats for a copy of Monopoly. And if they do, that's their prerogative. People are strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

It's just a pasted on theme. The values we're giving our games are subjective.
This is a standard math trade. In other words, sure, someone may want to trade off their copy of Roads & Boats for a copy of Monopoly. And if they do, that's their prerogative. People are strange.

Yeah, this is just an experiment; I want to look at how BGG rating and self-evaluated trade value relate to each other and the probability of an item trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Davis
United States
Greeneville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

How come you don't list a shipping policy? Did you forget?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I just generally handle the shipping; in any case, I figure I'll work with winners if the shipping is excessive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Faris
United States
Taylor Mill
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to be using the Want List Generator? Please do if you can...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericfaris wrote:
Are you going to be using the Want List Generator? Please do if you can...

If JeffyJeff wants to make it available, I have no objection, but I have no plans to make it mandatory. I don't recall if he's posted anything to this trade yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would like to have a guarantee about the trade generator program being available. If it is not, then it is unlikely I will trade. Frankly, it just is too much of a time suck otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just landed a copy of Europa's Second Front off eBay, so my funds for postage just got sucked away for the month. I must sadly skip this Math Trade...there are some really nice items I'd otherwise like to add to my collection.

Good luck, everyone. I'll be back in the game come July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonjacobmoon wrote:
I too would like to have a guarantee about the trade generator program being available. If it is not, then it is unlikely I will trade. Frankly, it just is too much of a time suck otherwise.

Feel free to contact JeffyJeff and see if he's interested in participating. I'm actually curious about the methods other people use to put their Want Lists together, as I can't see how the trade generator saves much time beyond my normal method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dspitzle wrote:

Feel free to contact JeffyJeff and see if he's interested in participating. I'm actually curious about the methods other people use to put their Want Lists together, as I can't see how the trade generator saves much time beyond my normal method.

Normally, I just keep a 'running total' of List ID #'s and flag 'most wanted' vs. "heck ya, I'll offer my Cheapa$$ sh*t for this".

And a usual plug DO NOT DELETE GAMES. Submit an empty/blank want list if you don't want to trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on how much free time I have, but usually every day I check the geeklist and copy/paste any new wants into a text file. It really isn't that hard. I actually enjoy using the BGG geeklist to browse the items instead of the cold, unfeeling online tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
It depends on how much free time I have, but usually every day I check the geeklist and copy/paste any new wants into a text file. It really isn't that hard. I actually enjoy using the BGG geeklist to browse the items instead of the cold, unfeeling online tool.

In my case, I generally take a copy of the Summary and build my Want Lists from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a stay-at-home dad, so I spend a lot of time on BGG. It is more exciting to see the list grow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I am a stay-at-home dad, so I spend a lot of time on BGG. It is more exciting to see the list grow.

Well, after about 46 hours we've got nearly 400 items. This could be a biggie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.