lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I think it was Barry Goldwater who came up with the phrase, "politics is social warfare".
Some claim he invented the concept. But in a nation that was born in a revolution and then went to war with itself, I doubt that.

In as much as American politics have joined the list of wars that America is engaged in, what is the envisaged outcomes for the two sides?
What are the goals?
What are acceptable losses?
Or is it "victory at any cost, as we fight for principals principles not mere social power?"

edit: principals hmmm - goes deep that spelling error
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
whistle Listening along with Pink Floyd's "Pigs 3-sort" = "...ha ha, charade you are!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
In as much as American politics have joined the list of wars that America is engaged in, what is the envisaged outcomes for the two sides?
Pres.TRUMP = $$$$ being made with cronyism EVEN of "Commies"!

What are the goals? "ditto"

What are acceptable losses? shake NONE "admirable"

Or is it "victory at any cost, as we fight for principals not mere social power?" wow Becoming fusa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
it's a war Liberals win by simply keeping fighting - because in a 100 or so years time all the conservatives become 'them'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
growlley wrote:
it's a war Liberals win by simply keeping fighting - because in a 100 or so years time all the conservatives become 'them'.

What do you consider acceptable losses?

One loss that has become apparent recently is the loss of many shared understandings of the meanings of words and phrases between liberals and conservatives..

A loss that has been apparent for many years now is the loss of insistence by the citizenship that at least a facade of honesty, decency and egalitarian values be maintained.

Are these corrosions of society acceptable to you?
Are further corrosions of society acceptable to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all about the ends justifying the means. I want a liberal Nixon. Crush our enemies to dust. Break into their headquarters. A Clinton that ACTUALLY murdered 46 people. A leader like Shi Huangdi, who buried 460 writers alive. Writers of Breitbart, InfoWars, right-wing radio. Buried metaphorically. Not metaphorically, just as good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.