Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex S.
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Christmas present for my 7 year old nephew. He likes playing the Pokemon TCG so I got him some theme decks, but I want to get him some other games too. He enjoys playing games like Qwirkle, Coloretto, Sushi Go, For Sale, Augustus, and Cardline Dinosaurs. I was wondering if he would be able to play Smash Up since he can play Pokemon or if it would be too difficult. Otherwise I was thinking along the lines of Hey! That's My Fish and Roll For It. I have a $25 budget. Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Survive: Escape from Atlantis! is a great game for kids and adults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aldinger
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The obvious answer is Magic:the Gathering. You may have to read some of the cards out, but he'll get the gist.

Others are:

King of Tokyo
Pixel Tactics
Boss Monster
Welcome to the Dungeon

Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on the weight of the games he likes, and your budget, maybe these:

Codenames
Patchwork
Star Realms
Splendor
Jaipur
Love Letter
Battle Line
Sheriff of Nottingham
Telestrations
Hanabi
Biblios
Lost Cities
Coup
Bohnanza
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
No Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Greasby
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Walsh Code
mbmbmbmbmb
My 7 year old son loves all things Pokemon. He really likes King of Tokyo, Sushi Go Party, 7 wonders, Carcassonne, and Ticket to Ride. He enjoys any game really but these are his favorites. Carcassonne stands out because it is very good with only 2 people but also scales well. If he likes it you can get expansions for future gifts. The other games are better with (or need) 3 or more people but are still great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S.
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I own King of Tokyo and think he'll love it. I'll try it out with him. More suggestions are welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.