Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » General

Subject: Dividing the COmmand Cards with one Core Set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Person
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
How are command cards supposed to be divided between players with one core set and the expansions? Some are faction specific but not all.

I was thinking sort faction specific into chaos and order piles and randomly distribute the rest?

Can you play 3 or 4 players with one core set and one each of the expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may give each player their faction specific cards and keep the neutral cards in a separate pile. You then use a draft mechanic, and take turns choosing one card at a time, until your hands are full. This way players may choose from their personal faction decks or the neutral deck.

Another solution is to use proxys for the neutral cards, and put all cards in sleeves with non-transparent backs. This way all players can pick the hand they want, without revealing it before play. And it hopefully speeds up set-up.

You can play 2-4 players with 1 core plus expansions, or just 1 core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no rule for that. There are numerous good solutions. I would just keep it friendly and choose mine after my opponent picked and chose and would accept a proxy if I absolutely wanted to use a card my opponent already chose.. But, I can't say this is a legitimate assertion since I always had 2 core sets. For the value, this is worthwhile considering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I've played with 4 players on just one core set.

The way we it is by giving everyone their faction specific cards (considering intimate to be orc and rally to be empire), then shuffle the other cards together and deal out the rest randomly. Players select just from the cards they got. If a player doesn't have an option for one of the strategies, it doesn't actually matter as much in a 4 player game as it would in a duel so long as that player isn't also the first player.

In general though, I'd recommend using proxies or another set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.