Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
So the next expansion is clearly the pariah, which also gives us our first nemesis of this KS I would guess. What are your thoughts on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
drew reilly
United States
Middeltown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very interested in Pariah, Mountain Man, and whoever/whatever else is released as a Nemesis. I do expect we'll see three in the KS campaign. I also expect them to be brutal and confounding; what I am waiting to see is how they differ from the existing ones. Are they going to be more thematic to the inverted mountain and reflect the expanding terrain around the settlement, or are they also going to play completely different and have the new theme elements?
We'll find out after the postman leaves that package of KD on our doorstep and get them on the table.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, he wil probably have some psychic powers of some sort... I really hope that he will be able to replace one of the nemesis monsters from the coregame so that you can shake things up everytime you start a game. We already have a replacement for kingsman, so we need one for the hand, the butcher and perhaps the watcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
The pariah will have AI to make survivors do bad things to each other

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
im hoping that instead of an armor kit you get 4 white speakers. Also the pariah is in hiding? i dont think he will be a nemesis if hes inside the inverted mountain being hunted by white speakers. But could be wrong.

Seems to me like the survivors would have to go find him. Perhaps the first nemesis hunt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not that I would side with the white speakers either not even the twilight knights are "just good".

I think that the white speakers do chase him, but it's a good thing they don't find him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's been mentioned already by Poots that Pariah would be a nemesis. We've seen a lot of quarries already, plus most nemesis Monsters are more humanoid, while the quarries are more monstrous.

And with all this focus on the Inverted Mountain, we'll HAVE to see the Mountain Man at some point. It's got "Mountain" right in his name!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoltzy92 wrote:
Not to mention as far as I know we haven't really had any exposure to the White Speakers in Monster other than maybe a story event or two.

A Story event or two, the Messenger of the First Story, Fade, and the Lion Kings Court are what comes to mind.

Though the Lion Kings court are trained in White Speaker disciplines without necessarily being among their number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the update #23... the guy is actually GLORIOUS!
And the upside down showdown?

GUYS, I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man. Out of all the new expansions, this is the only one I'm almost certainly adding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not 100% sold, but I think this is likely behind the ram, unless something equally cool but a quarry comes along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The theme seems cool. I'm not a huge fan of the miniature though. He looks like he came out of the movie The Crow. Which was cool in 94 but not so much now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
valle1 wrote:
So the next expansion is clearly the pariah, which also gives us our first nemesis of this KS I would guess. What are your thoughts on this?

He appears to replace the Butcher.

since

Accroding to the text on nemesis nodes a normal campaign has 3 Nemesis Nodes. This one is suitable for node 1. Core Campaigns have three nemeses, The Butcher, Kingsman and Kings Hand.

Therefore it seems likely those are filling the three Nemeses nodes and equally that the Pariah is in node 1 with the Butcher, Slenderman is in node 2 with the Kingsman and the Kings Hand is in Node 3.

I suspect that Nodes don't have a fixed lantern year but instead have a range with the individual monsters having dates.

Not that we know that 1.5 has the encounter timings as 1.3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
valle1 wrote:

He appears to replace the Butcher.

since

Accroding to the text on nemesis nodes a normal campaign has 3 Nemesis Nodes. This one is suitable for node 1. Core Campaigns have three nemeses, The Butcher, Kingsman and Kings Hand.

Therefore it seems likely those are filling the three Nemeses nodes and equally that the Pariah is in node 1 with the Butcher, Slenderman is in node 2 with the Kingsman and the Kings Hand is in Node 3.

I suspect that Nodes don't have a fixed lantern year but instead have a range with the individual monsters having dates.

Not that we know that 1.5 has the encounter timings as 1.3

I agree, and I love it. The nemesis encounters from the core game kinda leads up to a fight with the king. These new changes with nodes, seems to move towards the players being able to create their own campaign entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.