Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that on some of the early artwork, the game was listed as playable with 1-8 players, but now it's listed as 2-10. Did they drop an intended solitaire variant for the game? Does anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't drop a solitaire variant. It was more that the evolution of cards into the gameplay.

You can play solitaire. The trick is how you involve the cards. You can have random draws and play the cards that or dealt, or play without the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Are there official scenarios that would be more suited to solitaire play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to look at the scenario book but off the top of my head some The Cattle Rustling Scenario and a lot of the gunfights can be done without the cards.

The thing about it is that there is a lot of strategy beyond the cards. Jason from point 2 point called it "Squad Leader Set in the West". The game isn't card driven in the way that Hannibal is. The cards are instead used to augment play.

There are a lot of decisions to make and I think those will make the game fun for you even if you play by yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was it my imagination or did this game originally have metal miniatures that came with it which have since been replaced by the fold ups? I

not that it matters but its bothering me ifn it wasnt this game I have seen metal miniatures for :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We did in fact switch from metal minis to the stand-up counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
WalkerRedEye wrote:
was it my imagination or did this game originally have metal miniatures that came with it which have since been replaced by the fold ups?

Dave, understand that the foldups will be full color and drawn by western artist Gary Zavoly (sp?). They should look great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing for sure. The foldups will erase any arguments about which way the cowboy is facing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What happened to the 1---not fold ups
Just to clear up any confusion. The standup counters are not-----I repeat not flimsy fold overs. They are very high quality, beautifully illustrated, graphic pieces of art that are a single thick counter. Of course I am a little biased, but they are great.........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.