Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this today, and there were a few rules questions

1. Everyone starts with an October 1846 card and you discard the rest. A) do the discards go in the graveyard, or are they out of game? B) I assume you start the game in November 1846 with the Foraging step? Otherwise you will end up weakening a ton of characters.

2. Do only frozen Oxen and dead bodies go in the graveyard? If so I assuming all other foraging cards when played are taken out of game.

3. During the bid phase do you have to take a forage or action card if you have one or more health in your party?

4. While not explicit, I assume that for the foraged cards for the bid phase, one goes face down, and all others go face up?

5. If I have 10 health (theoretically possible) during foraging, do I draw one card, and then another card, or draw a card, let other players draw, and then draw again ?

Love the game so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I read through mine last night. I would think the rest of the October cards are out of the game completely. We're not traveling back in time here.

2) Everything goes to graveyard. Rule book said to put oxen to the side (as another graveyard) so they're easier to find.

3) bid phase I think you must bid something, even if 0. Then you must take something. Rule book says if you don't take a forage card, you take an action card. I interpreted this as irregardless of your health. If you're in the game, you participate in bidding/taking SOMETHING.

4) That is how I read it, yes.

5) I interpreted it as a clockwise from first player (which I assume will be the Distribution card since there is no first player token). Each player takes the entirety of what they need, at once, for that round.

PS: I put everything in sleeves and they fit once I took out the insert. The lid is tight enough to squish down the forage pile and shame pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Porter
United States
Bassett
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. All the October Forage cards that are not in player's hands at the start of the game are removed from play.

2. Correct. The only things you can get out of the graveyard are Frozen Oxen and the bodies of other Settlers.

3. You have to bid for Forage, but you can bid zero. And regardless of what you bid, you can decline to take a Forage card and draw an Action card instead (you get no Shame for your bid if you do not get a Forage card).

4. Correct. The first communal Forage card is always face-down.

5. If your party has 10 Health you get 2 personal Forage cards, then the next player gets their personal Forage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.