Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my hands on the Danish version of this game and after a couple of plays I really like it. But one thing seems to be unclear from the - rather poorly written - rules. I simply can't find out if you use both the command counters from each player each round or if you just use one. From the rules it would seem that you use just one which would mean that each player gets to act with his doomtroopers once per game round. This would also make sense when drawing the event cards, because otherwise you'd have to draw two each turn. But ...

When we played the game (mission 2 and 5) it seemed to me that it would be almost impossible to make it within the alloted time. So, how does it work? Do each player ...

1. Get to move once per game round including the legion player who thus draws one event card per game round?

2. Get to move twice, but the legion player only draws an event card on his first move?

3. The doomtroopers move twice, but the legion player only moves once and thus only draws one event card?

Any help would be appreciated.

mads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played for a while but If I seem to correctly remember...

Question 1. Your command cards that you have can be used once and once only. You can use them both on one given round (I can't remember if they are considered an action or not though - perhaps they specify). Once they are used up they are gone and you have to either purchase more or receive more for the next mission depending if your the american corp.

Question 2: Each of your doom troopers get 2 actions per turn. you can choose to action/move, move/action, action/action, or move/move. Each player gets to deceide what to do. I seem to remember that mission to be a tough one. Your probably going to have to use extra actions just to move especially if the monster player is blocking your path. The Japanese and English Corps have easier times for that mission due to the fact that the japanese move faster and the english get an extra action to spend every turn (which can be used for running)

As for event cards I'm not clear. I hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply, but I seem to have written my question poorly (I have the Danish version, so I'm not quite in on the English terms.) What I'm reffering to is the small, square counters that you draw in order to determine which coorporation gets to move when.

I can see from the expansion rules that The Brotherhood get's to use both their counters so I guess that means you normally use only one. But that makes - I think - some of the missions quite hard. Especially mission 6 in which the legion player can place the computer so far inside the citadel that the players can't possibly make it on their 6 turns.

mads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Sibeck
Sweden
Karlstad
Wermland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like you have misunderstood the rules (or I'm misunderstanding you).

When your corporation (or legion) counter is drawn you normally do 4 actions, 2 with each of your guys or lots of actions if you are the legion player. Brotherhood still only uses one of their counters but they get more of a choice of when to act (going after and then before legion is great for killing lots of stuff without getting hurt).

Or wait, now I get it. The corporations get better quicker than the legion so they don't have to waste as many shots in later mission, also the violator is very good for taking out plenty of enemies at a time (grenade launcher is a must on rank 1-2). Also teleportation and that walk through walls item should get regular use, they are needed to be able to do some missions. So yes some missions are not winnable if you foot slog all over the map.
Also mission 2 is almost autowin for the legion whatever you do. The game needs a few house rules to keep the legion player honest, if he goes for maximum gain for himself he will pick on the weakest only which will make them trail even farther behind et cetera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.