GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,129 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » General

Subject: After so long... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm, Australia received the game a week before the US did...my order has been delayed due to insufficient quantities....and no local game store has received a copy. So you're in the same boat as the rest of us. Who knows, you might have copies available before I do. That's just the way the dice roll, sometimes....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you guys that are waiting just buy a new copy from the BGG marketplace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, the games have arrived in the UK.

The UK distributor received every product he ordered. It is only in North America that FFG is allocating distributors, due to higher-than-expected demand, and the staggered arrival of the containers.

If there is a shortage in the UK, it is simply due to high demand, and reflects no failure of FFG to deliver the ordered quantities. There is really no-one to blame in this situation, as our distributors can only really guess at the demand.

We can never promise a simultaneous global release, but the games left for Europe at the same time as they left for North America, ditto with Australia. One Australian customer chose to fly the games in to Australia, thus the fast release there. This is not a realistic option for FFG or many of our customers.

Currently, our entire printing is now spoken for on a wholesale basis, but we ordered a re-print about a month ago when we started seeing the demand spike. The reprint is shipping from our factory next week, and should arrive in July.

Note that the next wave of product in North America is expected to start shipping out of FFG's warehouse late next week.

We'll try to stay on top of it as much as we can!

Best Wishes
cP
FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As far as I know, the games have arrived in the UK. The UK distributor received every product he ordered.

but what i have recieved from the guy i PRE ORDERED from is this email

Quote:
it often happens that the US /. Australia receive copies of these games earlier than us in the UK because most of these games are manufactured in China so shipping times are shorter.
I spoke to my supplier last week and they told me that TIDE OF IRON was on the boat from China and is expected in the next couple of weeks - frustrating for you and me both

this email was recieved on Friday. SO what exactly is the situation???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cutthroat Cardboard (Barry)
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was a guessing man I'd guess that everybody's telling the truth.............................as it appears to them!

I suspect that the game was on the boat last week, has now arrived in the UK but is clearing customs moving to the distrobution warehouse etc and will be released, as per Esdevium's flier, on the week starting the 11th.

I keep promising myself I won't get hung up waiting for another game, but I never learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.