Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lowe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
The Flat Earth Game Votaries met once again at Jim and Amy's house for the weekly session.

ROLL CALL: Jim, Amy, Bridget, Chris, and Jason.

We usually play a short game at the beginning, so Bridget quickly suggested the game she just received as a gift: Emerald. I really enjoyed this the last time we played, so I was eager to see it hit the table again. Chris had never played before, so we quickly went over the rules and started on our quest to raid the dragon's hoard.

By the time my knights made it to the cave, all the gold cards at the entrace were 1's and 2's. So instead of going after the gold cards, I opted instead to try a gem strategy. I intended to grab as many different gems as fast as I could to nab the "All 4 Gems" bonus card before anyone else and potentially grab a gem majority bonus or two at the end of the game. Unfortunately it didn't pan out that way, or in any way even remotely close to that. In the end, nobody was able to get all 4 gem types. I was only one gem away from the bonus for the majority of the game, but I just couldn't get that last gem. To make matters worse, my attempt to get all the gem types spread my gem collection too thin on any one type, so I wasn't able to earn any gem majority bonus at the end of the game. I did manage to get one of my knights into the treasure room, but that ended up being the highlight of my scoring.

Not counting my shenanigans, the game was pretty close. Amy and Chris ended up tying for the most gold points, with Amy winning the tiebreaker since she had made it to the treasure room and Chris had not.
I'm a bit fuzzy on the scores, but I believe they were:

Amy 24 (plus treasure card tiebreaker), Chris 24, Bridget 21, Jim 17, Jason 11

Despite my abysmal play (does consistency count for something?), I really enjoyed this game once again. It's short, the dragon movement roll adds a bit of excitement and luck, and there's still a bit of strategy in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.