Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Ravensburger edition that has English rules in it. I noticed that RGG said they were going to make an English version. So, I guess what I am asking is if RGG is still planning an all English version and if so, are the components going to be the same? While this game is beautiful, the quality of the tiles and board are not up to RGG standards in terms of durability if you ask me. They have that slick photo type printing paper board that they use a lot, and they tend to get scratched very easily. RGG tends to print on the heavier duty card stuff that is very durable. I have already initiated a trade for my version of Arkadia in hopes that at true RGG version will surface at a later time. If not, I will just pick up the Ravensburger edition again later.

I was just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, RGG already realeased this in the US under the title Arkadia. And based on your description it appears to be exactly the same.

I think you are confusing RGG with their Europeaon co-publishers. Arkadia is not a Hans-im-Gluck game, but a Ravensberger game. The companies have different processes. RGG just piggy-backs on the European publishers print run so you get the exact same stuff in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, well every one I have seen sold here locally says Ravensburger on it and has English rules. They didn't say RGG anywhere on the box, so I was just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
ok, well every one I have seen sold here locally says Ravensburger on it and has English rules. They didn't say RGG anywhere on the box, so I was just curious.

It depends on the original publisher. The Rio Grande logo appears on Hans im Glück games, for example, but not on Queen games. I'm pretty sure the 2005 Torres box (by Ravensburger originally) has RGG on the side.

Hmm, maybe it depends on translation. HiG games are in german only, I believe, and RGG translates into english. Queen includes english rules already, and from the sound of it, so does the Ravensburger Arkadia. Perhaps, if RGG translates the rules, it is considered re-development and so the logo may appear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Easterlin
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy from Thoughthammer yesterday and haven't had a chance to punch it out and give it a good once over yet, but I think this description on the ThoughtHammer page pretty much sums up what you will see on the outside of the box...

http://www.thoughthammer.com/product_info.php?products_id=34...

Please Note: The game box image here is of the German printing. We are selling the RGG English version of this game. The front of the box will have the title "Arkadia" and then "The Board Game" underneath, and will have the Ravensburger logo in the lower corner, not the RGG logo. The back will have the game description written in a number of languages.

With this being the only version of the game I have seen, I can't tell you if this is of lower / higher quality than what you are expecting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have noticed that many of the recent RGG games that are published by Ravensburger do NOT include the familiar RGG logo. From my collection, Australia, That's Life (Verflixxt), and Gracias all come to mind. I have seen others where this trend holds up.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good question. Another way to tell would be to look at the titles. The RGG one appears to be "Arkadia", where as the German version is "Die Baumeister von Arkadia".

My version says "Arkadia" and only has Ravensburger on the box, so I'd guess RGG is distributing it on this side of the Atlantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.