Popular Tags: [View All]
Giant Robot
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son 11 played the Russians. I played the Germans.

I started with good cards that would enable me to lead an attack with my right flank, ordering all or four units, for 3 turns. I avoided crossing into the minefields and stalled my advance just short of them. I concentrated my fire from the first attack on 2 different groupings of his tanks that were in sandbag prepared positions. At the close of that first attack I had my first medal. Luck was with me as I drew another card that would allow me to sustain the attack from my right.

We traded heavily over the next few turns on his left/my right. Inluding an attack where his armor rolling three dice, obtained 3 grenade symbols on the dice, to totally wipe out a full strength unit of tanks I had just brought forward. With only sporadic fighting in the other sections. I made an attempt to advance infantry behind the cover of towns and woods, in the center and on my left in case I would need to open attacks in those sectors also. Although I did not relish the thought of attacking into his sandbag prepared positions.

At the close of about 9 turns my right front had played itself out. His tanks were gone from that area of the board. He had only his artillery unit left. I was left with 1 full strength elite tank unit and 2 tank units with only 1 figure remaining in each.

The score was 6 medals for him and 6 medals for myself and it was his turn.

I realized that I had one unit vulnerable if he had the right cards. An infantry damaged down to 2 figures was within range of 2 artillery units in his middle. He would have two 2-dice attacks to try to end the game.

I saw him study the board. Basically ignoring the middle. It seems his cards were lacking there. His right flank, however, did have a card that would allow him to take a risk at winning the game. An infantry assault card appeared. He moved his infantry from their prepared positions and brought them forward to attack a full strength infantry that would be in range. The attacks would be two 2-dice attacks and one 1-dice for the game. His luck with the dice held our for him as he did manage to destroy the infantry that he needed to win the game.

The end game is below, captured on a crappy cel phone camera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.