Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
I guessing someone got busier than expected. It was my understanding that the Kickstarter campaign was supposed to start yesterday. Any news or update would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnpusher wrote:
I guessing someone got busier than expected. It was my understanding that the Kickstarter campaign was supposed to start yesterday. Any news or update would be appreciated.

You are sure right Jimmy
... we have been much busier than expected. We have postponed the launch of the Railways of Nippon Kickstarter by Hisashi Hayashi until a now-planned January 17 launch. Thanks for your interest in this project which will revamp the entire ROTW series!

Rick Soued for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

Although I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait a little longer, I do understand as I can see EGG has at least two Kickstarter campaigns going now, and we're in the midst of the holiday season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef Kevin
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's me in the latte!
mbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
pawnpusher wrote:

You are sure right Jimmy
... we have been much busier than expected. We have postponed the launch of the Railways of Nippon Kickstarter by Hisashi Hayashi until a now-planned January 17 launch. Thanks for your interest in this project which will revamp the entire ROTW series!

Does this mean everything is getting an overhaul for the ROTW base game? (graphic design, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
pawnpusher wrote:

You are sure right Jimmy

Run this the same way you ran the Lisboa campaign and you'll do right by HH just like you did Vital.

Sounds like a great time to jump into the RotW series. I've been listening to The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast rave about it for a long time and I usually dig the same games they do, so I'll definitely be there on the 17th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
ricks wrote:
pawnpusher wrote:

You are sure right Jimmy

Run this the same way you ran the Lisboa campaign and you'll do right by HH just like you did Vital.

Sounds like a great time to jump into the RotW series. I've been listening to The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast rave about it for a long time and I usually dig the same games they do, so I'll definitely be there on the 17th.

Thanks for the interest Jason. This will be a great time to jump into the ROTW series -- a new map and a self-contained (all bits required to play 2-4 people) box for just a $45 KS pledge! Lots of other expansions (all re-drawn) will be offered at the same time and some interesting Stretch Goals offered as well. We DO plan to launch on January 17, so look for more info between now and then. Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chefarista wrote:
ricks wrote:
pawnpusher wrote:

You are sure right Jimmy

Does this mean everything is getting an overhaul for the ROTW base game? (graphic design, etc)

Hi Kevin -- Yes, we are re-drawing the Eastern US map and the Mexico map and 4 of the expansions as well (ROE, ROWUS, RONA, ROGB). When we have re-drawn the map boards, we have now made all supply/demand colors consistent from map to map as well -- there will be NO MORE confusing colors in ROTW! We have also re-written the Rule Book substantially, added new player colors, added a new ECM piece, and made various other improvements. Please join us in supporting the Kickstarter which starts on January 17! Thanks -- Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef Kevin
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's me in the latte!
mbmbmbmb
I'll be there! Looking forward to it. Thanks Rick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am excited about the new Nippon map! I own all the maps up to date, but I am wondering about the new redrawn maps and rewritten rulebook. Can you be more precise about the differences between the old and the new "edition" of the maps and rulebook.

Thanks
Nicolas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hexabit wrote:
Hello,

I am excited about the new Nippon map! I own all the maps up to date, but I am wondering about the new redrawn maps and rewritten rulebook. Can you be more precise about the differences between the old and the new "edition" of the maps and rulebook.

Thanks
Nicolas

Thanks for your interest, Nicolas. We are still in the midst of preparing the final version of the Kickstarter, and (I hope) all your questions will be answered by it. We are not changing the rules, just clarifying them. We are also addressing all the instances of Errata in rules, cards, maps, etc. that we can find and addressing them. We are making sure that all colors are consistent from map to map; and we are indicating what hexes are water hexes. The layout of the maps is not changing, we are just prettying them up and making them internally consistent. We are adding a new ECM to replace the old ones -- which now have a new life (in player colors) as hotels, and fuel depots and switch tracks and mines. All will be revealed when we launch the Kickstarter on January 17!

Thanks for your patience -- Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Flores
Mexico
Cuernavaca
Morelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I recently found a copy of RotW and was considering buying it but I read you are also doing a reprint of the US and Mexico maps.

Will those be available during the KS campaing as well?

Also, will there be a "deluxe" level that includes components for 5-6 players?

And, more importantly, will there be shipping to mexico? Please say yes because it's been a pain finding RotW copies here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Eastern US and Mexico maps have been redrawn and will be available as Add-ons in the January 17 launch of RON

Most all components will be available a la carte so that you can make a 6 player game if you wish.

Yes, we will ship to Mexico.

Thanks for your interest. If you have further questions, please wait until January 17 and ask them after you get a chance to see what and how we are offering this Kickstarter. I hope you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased.

Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
Yes, the Eastern US and Mexico maps have been redrawn and will be available as Add-ons in the January 17 launch of RON

Most all components will be available a la carte so that you can make a 6 player game if you wish.

Yes, we will ship to Mexico.

Thanks for your interest. If you have further questions, please wait until January 17 and ask them after you get a chance to see what and how we are offering this Kickstarter. I hope you will be pleasantly surprised and pleased.

Rick Soued, for Eagle-Gryphon Games

Rick,

What is your estimate for when this game will actually ship if the KS starts in a couple of weeks? The reason I ask is because I am impatient and was wondering if it is worthwhile to just get copies of the expansion vs adding them via KS.

I am guessing that the components you will be adding will not ship until the Nippon game which I am guessing is late 2017 at the earliest.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick,

I'm super stoked about the effort to get all the colors consistent, re-writing the rules so they are clearer, new components and everything else! I can't wait to see the campaign!

Railways of the World is my favorite game series.

Also, I'm wondering about storage options. I have a copy of Railroad Tycoon, no insert. I have either made or bought bags and boxes for the components, and I keep a couple of maps and the score track under the components. Here's a photo:

I'm thinking it might be nice to have one box for the cards, money and bits, and a separate box for the score track and maps. I'm not sure how I want to organize things. The game is a real estate hog, and I'm commonly shy of table space in my main gaming venues. I like my little boxes for the trains, and my Plano style box, with removable lid, for the tiles and bonds is handy to pass around as needed.

I'm thinking about using mini poker chips in lieu of the paper money as the chips might be more adaptable to a storage container that could be passed around also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
pawnpusher wrote:

You are sure right Jimmy

Please be gentle on my pocketbook!

Glad to see that addtional maps will be available. FLGS map availability is tough up here in the Great White North!

meeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the original Railways of the World going to be available during the Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaaason
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when this is going live? I've been counting down the days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mossman
United States
Gaithersburg
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Eagle-Gryphon Games Facebook page still shows Jan 17 for the Kickstarter launch . . . so it could be sometime today???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it shows specifically 10am Mountain Time. So that would be noon Eastern Time in the US. I guess we will know in 20 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter is live. redtrain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wystan Benbow
United States
Stoneham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Blazars are a special type of active galaxy that indirectly pay for my boardgame habit
badge
Life is good!
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I have done a lot of Kickstarters, I don't have any idea how one does add-ons. Does one just manually increase one's pledge & respond accordingly when the survey comes out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found out about this KS and jumped on it.

I've done KS before & usually the add-ons you add the price to your pledge & select the add-ons in the pledge manager.

I will probably go for a few myself since I'm in at Engineer level (don't need a whole new game with RotW in the collection already).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wystan Benbow
United States
Stoneham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Blazars are a special type of active galaxy that indirectly pay for my boardgame habit
badge
Life is good!
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Just found out about this KS and jumped on it.

I've done KS before & usually the add-ons you add the price to your pledge & select the add-ons in the pledge manager.

I will probably go for a few myself since I'm in at Engineer level (don't need a whole new game with RotW in the collection already).

Thanks, that is what I would have guessed, but I didn't see it when I pledged. I have everything but the "Accessories", which are much more affordable here than in the past & figured to finally take the plunge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.