Subject: BGG Button Men Contest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Muyco

Honolulu
Hawaii
msg tools
mb
I am holding a contest here at BGG for anyonwe interested in creating their own official Button Men button. For those of you not familiar to Button Men, it's a great light game that is much more of a statitician's game than a dicefest. This contest will allow you to create an offical expansion button to the line of Button Men. This button will be dedicated to BGG and I believe will be the first time BGG is mentioned in a mainstream published game.

To enter send a 3'x3' square picture of an original character you think embodies our hobby to northshire55@yahoo.com along with a side story to the character (around 40-50 words) as well as suggestions as to what his powers and dice skills should be. Though a character based solely on gaming is not necessary, preference will be given to characters that do. By entering you agree to give me the rights to publish your original character and artwork if you win. The winner will receive recognition as well as a special large edition of the button.

I plan to initially produce a first batch of 100 buttons available solely on the BGG marketplace. Thank you and check back for more info on this expansion.

-Michael "Sergei" Muyco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it seems obvious that the BGG Button Man has got to be the Geek himself, from the site's upper left-hand corner. Who else has the street cred?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Muyco

Honolulu
Hawaii
msg tools
mb
If which ever mod owns the rights to the BGG dude wants to enter him then he would be perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
swandive78 wrote:
Well, it seems obvious that the BGG Button Man has got to be the Geek himself, from the site's upper left-hand corner. Who else has the street cred?

That´s the first that came into my mind .-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us (probably just me...) who don't know what a Button Man is, can you give a brief link or history.

Thanks, I'd like to design something...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
For those of us (probably just me...) who don't know what a Button Man is, can you give a brief link or history.

Thanks, I'd like to design something...

-DK

Button Men

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
sure... that would have been too easy...

shake

story of my life...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Muyco

Honolulu
Hawaii
msg tools
mb
Also go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button_Men for more information. Glad to see your interest and I'm looking forward to seeing the entries and the resulting button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No offense, but does anyone know if this is legit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Muyco

Honolulu
Hawaii
msg tools
mb
It is. I've been in contact with James Ernest for a while now getting this negotiated. At first I bought the license to create a Button Man that would help promote a webcomic I was starting. But then I didn't think it was a good idea, so instead I'm giving the community a chance to design it.

The resulting Button Man will be licensed, official, and maybe even tournament legal (depends on how balanced its stats are).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swandive78 wrote:

And that goo copter thingy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.