1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Running a Demo - Colosseum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scotty Dickey
United States
flag msg tools
This morning, I ran a demo for the new Days of Wonder game, Colosseum, at my FLGS. I had introduced two different groups of friends to the game earlier in the weekend. I just wanted to say how much fun it was to receive the demo copy and present it to folks for the first time. I feel certain that a number of the people I introduced the game to today will end up purchasing their own copies. It is always fun to introduce people to a new game and see them have a good time.

I guess my only other comment would be that I'm surprised this game hasn't had more hype. Perhaps folks were a bit burned out from the buzz surrounding BattleLore (say that three times fast!) I know that when I first heard the description, I thought it sounded like The Princes of Florence re-themed. I don't think that anymore. This is a really solid game that stands on its own. Every group I shared the game with this weekend had a great time and said that they looked forward to playing again. The game is highly rated here on BGG. However, a number of the folks interviewed at the recent Gathering of Friends were somewhat less than enthusiastic. I think the game is great. I hope folks will check it out.

To sum up:
1. Run demo games at you FLGS
2. Check out Colosseum
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.