Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on new Expansions or heroes packs? I asked this for A Touch of Evil as well. My two go to games right now. I love the adventures that I partake in and nothing ever seems the same. So the replay value is still strong with this game. Just wanting some more adventure options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the way Flying Frog is pushing their new game Shadows of Brimstone, but I cant wait till they go back and work on their other games (Please don't forget your other games).

The other games could use this kind of push and support too. they have great games, but they are being forgotten by the endless waves of SoB stuff (which is not bad thing).

I really hope they put more stuff out for A Touch of Evil and Fortune and Glory: the Cliffhanger Game. (please, please, please, please...).

Fortune and Glory is a game I could play again and again. I never have the same game twice. Win or Lose.. I have to play again. The same goes for A Touch of Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Rogers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Flying Frog and Chris Kemnow assures me that all their games are still being supported. He hinted that there may be something coming for Last Night on Earth as 2017 marks the 10th anniversary...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken McElhaney
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
My guess based on FFG's history is that there are no major expansions for F&G anytime soon, if at all.

My hope is that any expansions they do plan should revolve around providing new decks, such as one geared towards a particular theme for an adventure. However, a deck of 100+ cards is arguably a BIG investment and I just don't see that happening.

However, I suppose they can do small stuff like new characters, play aids, or cleaning up the rules (Yea ... sure) that people can download and print themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be shocked...shocked I says, if FFG released an expansion for F&G. Now FFP on the other hand....

busco wrote:
My guess based on FFG's history is that there are no major expansions for F&G anytime soon, if at all.

My hope is that any expansions they do plan should revolve around providing new decks, such as one geared towards a particular theme for an adventure. However, a deck of 100+ cards is arguably a BIG investment and I just don't see that happening.

However, I suppose they can do small stuff like new characters, play aids, or cleaning up the rules (Yea ... sure) that people can download and print themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
New Heroes, new cards to be added to existing decks (like Sands of Cairo), and such would be great too.

I don't think any of the expansions for F&G have been major. A new enemy and new characters (and some new rules) is nothing major (but still very good). It is not like you are adding a new board or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Personally, my hopes for A Touch of Evil and Fortune and Glory support has now gone due to the Forbidden Fortress Kickstarter.

I thought after Shadows of Brimstone, they'd be concentrating on going back to other IP's, but with another big miniature kickstarter, I see they'll be supporting this for the next two years.

What would be cool, from someone who has Shadows of Brimstone, is if after Forbidden Fortress they made a kickstarter for a Shadows - Fortune and Glory/A Touch of Evil crossover?

I'd be happy with more expansions for Fortune and Glory, like a Moon base or something and A touch of Evil 2nd edition perhaps as the theme is so good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's all i want too. Just some new danger cards. New heroes and definitely new vile organizations. They change the game enough to keep it fresh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Obviously there can't be a board expansion, but I do think they could add another expansion that's the size of the current two expansions.

They should expand on the germans since they only have three villains while the mobsters have five.

My idea for an ideal expansion would be:

-German submarines.
They occupy sea spaces, and could get their own card like german soldiers. Combat would be difficult against a submarine, a combined cunning and agility test would be more attractive. That would allow you to sneak on board and sabotage the submarine, taking it out without fighting.

-Two nazi villains.
Maybe hitler himself could even be included, but if not then perhaps a sadistic general and a battlehardened captain with an eyepatch could be interesting.

-Four heroes.
One could be a wealthy german art collector who is against the regime, and there could be a middle eastern woman who is the guardian of some artefact as is seen in many pulp stories.
There could also be an asian marine who works well in sea spaces. And lastly, there could be a scandinavian mountain climber who does well with climbing tests.

Other than that more cards could be added, and a new deck of sea cards that allow for the submarines to be randomly placed and could also allow for event or city cards that dumb a player at sea on a raft in a random sea location.
Optionally, there could also be new treasures that can only be found at sea which their card could indicate with an icon, thus a sea card would need to be drawn for its location instead of the usual cards.

Amongst the gear cards, there could be a submarine that adds combat dice to combat in sea spaces and could allow sea treasures to be found easier. Otherwise you'd have to make a roll like with in a jungle.

That's just my thoughts on it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
That's all i want too. Just some new danger cards.

FYI, there's a whole bunch of fanmade ones here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/78162/ninjadorgs-fang-dan...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Given how many water tests there are I'd be shocked if, when they do make new characters, they don't make one who gets bonuses for tests with the water keyword. And a ship's captain seems like an archetype that's missing from the current roster of heroes. Probably also give him the -1 to the water movement penalty. also it'd be cool if he drew an event card if he ended his turn in a water space.

I'd just be curious as to his stats.

A detective character feels like the other big archetype missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
TheRubexCube wrote:
That's all i want too. Just some new danger cards.

FYI, there's a whole bunch of fanmade ones here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/78162/ninjadorgs-fang-dan...

whistle

I have no way to print anything... I'd rather buy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
I have no way to print anything... I'd rather buy them.

Understood. Unfortunately we can't even put them on Printer Studio or Artscow, otherwise Flying Frog will shut it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
In the back of the manuals by the credits, you'll see references to future content for the games. When I talked to Scott Hill of Flying Frog at the Wave 1.5 pick-up event in Everett, WA, he said both ATOE and FANG are going to get more content.

Scott didn't mention anything at the time about Forbidden Fortress. I suspect the big driver for Fortress is current design experience, contracted staff, and factory relationships that made doing the project now easier than doing it later. I would have preferred more content for LNOE, ATOE, IFOS, FANG, or a new IP that wasn't Brimstone related, but I also can't argue with the amount of funding Forbidden Fortress raised. I doubt we'd see that level of upfront financial support for expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
In the back of the manuals by the credits, you'll see references to future content for the games. When I talked to Scott Hill of Flying Frog at the Wave 1.5 pick-up event in Everett, WA, he said both ATOE and FANG are going to get more content.

Scott didn't mention anything at the time about Forbidden Fortress. I suspect the big driver for Fortress is current design experience, contracted staff, and factory relationships that made doing the project now easier than doing it later. I would have preferred more content for LNOE, ATOE, IFOS, FANG, or a new IP that wasn't Brimstone related, but I also can't argue with the amount of funding Forbidden Fortress raised. I doubt we'd see that level of upfront financial support for expansions.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wasn't stringing you along. They have vastly better games they could be supporting but they seem to be putting all their energy into the Brimstone line because of the money it makes them. It's kind of sad and pathetic IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
don hoe

Massachusetts
msg tools
bearn wrote:
Autoduelist wrote:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wasn't stringing you along. They have vastly better games they could be supporting but they seem to be putting all their energy into the Brimstone line because of the money it makes them. It's kind of sad and pathetic IMO.

I agree. I like LNOE and love ATOE and F&G. Brimstone was right up my alley due to my favorite RPG being Classic Deadlands, but sadly it didn't play well. The slog through the mines was boring as you just moved and fought the same couple of bad guys included.

F&G needs 2 more Villains. Maybe an expansion for each. These 2 villains NEED to be a Mummy Villain and a Tong Villain. I know that there are fan made for both but I would like an official release for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.