Subject: ToI tank scale? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Burton
United States
Ft. Carson,
Colorado
flag msg tools
I went to Walmart tonight and noticed that they had 1/144 scale tanks. I wasn't impressed with the photos of the tanks. I was wondering if the tanks at Warmart would work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. The Wal-mart ones are perfect for this game but 12 Shermans and 12 Tiger/PzIV will run you about $48 (I think they're $1.98 each).

Axis & Allies:Minis also work very good with this game. They're slightly larger in size (1/120th) but have a much better variety of units. Flames of War minis start to border on being a bit too big for the hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Here is a photo comparison for that:

from LEFT here to RIGHT then 1st= M-44 2nd= ToI 3rd= WTM-1/144th and 4th 15mm

The smallest might be considered around 8mm then perhaps 10mm for the 2nd. This makes those ones that you have seen to be close to it, so yeah, they'd be fine for that as well.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While not super detailed, the ToI tanks appear to be much more detailed and historically accurate in appearance than M44. I have ToI but not M44, but I've played M44.

Also, keep in mind ToI has a hex stacking limit: 3 units total, and never more than 2 vehicles per hex (a vehicle and a squad are both considered types of units).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Burton
United States
Ft. Carson,
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks guys.

Last question, is there a sheet for values for different kinds of vehicles? Such as for a Jagdpanter and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
Here is a photo comparison for that:

from LEFT here to RIGHT then 1st= M-44 2nd= ToI 3rd= WTM-1/144th and 4th 15mm

The smallest might be considered around 8mm then perhaps 10mm for the 2nd. This makes those ones that you have seen to be close to it, so yeah, they'd be fine for that as well.
cool

The other page for that pic says the last tank is an Axis and Allies tank. They are NOT 15mm, whatever Hasbro may claim. Put em up next to a 15mm tank from Peter Pig, QRF, Old Glory or Battlefront...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.