Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want a card and scrap it, must you do the scrap effect or are you allowed to just discard without any effects ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechs vs. Minions - Unofficial FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, this will definitely change how our games play out. We've been playing where you had to do it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know those are the official rules now, but it really seems to be an exception to how the rest of the game works. I don't like it and we play like you have to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Scrap option "allows" the player to repair or reprogram. It's supposed to be a benefit, not a penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
I know those are the official rules now, but it really seems to be an exception to how the rest of the game works. I don't like it and we play like you have to do it.

For a game that seems to often lean on the easy side, I think this is an excellent variant, and I agree that it fits well with how the rest of the game works. It's how I played it until Riot chimed in and clarified things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though it eventually becomes clear from context in this thread, I'm posting the actual answer to the question instead of just a link that'll make you look for it.

Quote:
Q) Can I scrap a card I’ve drafted, and ignore the scrap effect?
A) Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
House rules apply I guess. The official rules from the manual state

SCRAP TO REPAIR
During draft, you will pick one or more Command Cards. You
have the option to slot these cards into your Command Line
or scrap (discard) them for an immediate effect.

We had this issue come up once before an interpreted it as if a card is scraped then an immediate effect would take place. In this case, if there is nothing to repair, then no scrapping can be done, therefore your only other option is to slot.

The only time a discard would be allowed is if your board is completely full of damage and all draft cards were "scrap to swap". Can't swap damaged slots and can't slot over damaged slots.

Again, house rules apply if you want to discard or not. Just find discarding too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EHngel wrote:
We had this issue come up once before an interpreted it as if a card is scraped then an immediate effect would take place. In this case, if there is nothing to repair, then no scrapping can be done, therefore your only other option is to slot.

Yes, but you interpreted it wrong as the designers said otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, he didn't really interpret it wrong. It's just that the wording in the rules does not match the developers' intent.

Bj, rest assured that we received official word from the developers that you are intended to be allowed to scrap a card and choose not to use the scrap effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured I would check the source.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/mechs-vs-minions/c...

Would be nice if they also added new rulebook to download as .pdf, still only have original.

Even with this clarified, my friends and I still prefer the other method of having to program. Makes for more interesting games.

Do agree that the rulebook is ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.